The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I submitted my application last night. The deadline is today.
Reply 2
Yh i know , I submitted too just wanted to see whos applied to get a thread going for when we start to hear back
Hi!

Just wanted to say that I'm a current student at St George's studying Medicine and some of my friends study Physician's Associate here at St George's - so if you have any questions about the university or the course, feel free to ask me!

Best wishes,
Millie,
4th year medical student, official student rep of St George's University of London
Reply 4
Hi, I've also applied. I'm guessing we should start to hear back soon as the application deadline has passed.
Reply 5
Got an invitation to interview ! Lowkey scared af not sure how i feel about this video format but it is what it is , all the best guys!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Jsmiles
Got an invitation to interview ! Lowkey scared af not sure how i feel about this video format but it is what it is , all the best guys!

Me too :smile: It's strange but hopefully they'll be kind lol, goodluck!
Reply 7
Original post by SarahF97
Me too :smile: It's strange but hopefully they'll be kind lol, goodluck!

What date did you pick ! I booked 28th april cos my final exam is a week long 11-15th may otherwise would have done the 12th
Reply 8
Original post by Jsmiles
What date did you pick ! I booked 28th april cos my final exam is a week long 11-15th may otherwise would have done the 12th

Mine's on the 17th! Almost only a week away D:
Reply 9
Mines on the 12th! Let us know how you get on good luck!
Reply 10
Mine's on the 17th! Almost only a week away D:

How did you find it ? And was it 6 questions
Original post by Jsmiles
How did you find it ? And was it 6 questions

I think it went okay :smile: As you know, I cant give any specifics. You'll be emailed the list of questions on the day, best of luck!
Reply 12
Hey, I've also got an interview this week and I was just wondering for the people who have done the interview if you had enough time to go through the questions a few times before recording the video. I hope your interviews went well 😊
Original post by erikach
Hey, I've also got an interview this week and I was just wondering for the people who have done the interview if you had enough time to go through the questions a few times before recording the video. I hope your interviews went well 😊

I spent 5-10 mins reading the questions and thinking about my answers, then began recording. So you can certainly take a few minutes, but i wouldn't recommend spending too long :smile:
Reply 14
I spent 5-10 mins reading the questions and thinking about my answers, then began recording. So you can certainly take a few minutes, but i wouldn't recommend spending too long :smile:

But I thought we had three hours could we not spend more time thinking of our answers or do you only see the questions once you start recording? Sorry if I'm asking too much and thanks for your help 😊
Reply 15
I emailed the Health Education England! Apparently there is actually a 5,000 training bursary and it is given to the university and they can take it off our tuition fees. How is everyone funding their studies?
Reply 16
Original post by Pa2020
I emailed the Health Education England! Apparently there is actually a 5,000 training bursary and it is given to the university and they can take it off our tuition fees. How is everyone funding their studies?

Yh i think this is given in 2 sums of £2.5k a yr , other than that im looking at taking the post grad loan (i think its £10.4k ) and then ive saved up since first yr to pay the rest
Reply 17
Oh ok that’s good! At least its less money to pay.
Reply 18
Hey, do you mind if I ask how long your video was and did you record on your phone, laptop or camera?
Reply 19
Original post by ssmyl
Hey, do you mind if I ask how long your video was and did you record on your phone, laptop or camera?

hey, my video was only 20 min and I filmed it on my laptop but I guess it depends if you take small breaks in between the questions on how long your video will be, hope that helped. Good luck😊

Latest