The Student Room Group

jp morgan asset management traineeship investment2020

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Has anyone gotten a rejection email yet? I did my telephone interview on 1st April and I thought it went well but I haven’t heard back yet so I am not sure if I have made the cut.
Original post by vtricky
Has anyone gotten a rejection email yet? I did my telephone interview on 1st April and I thought it went well but I haven’t heard back yet so I am not sure if I have made the cut.

I also have not received any email
Reply 42
Original post by Anonymous
I also have not received any email

Why not email them for an update? The AC is on Friday and Monday, but there could be more
Reply 43
Original post by Cdhelp
Why not email them for an update? The AC is on Friday and Monday, but there could be more

What would you say in an email? My worry is that anything would sound pushy.
Reply 44
I emailed them and a few hours later I received a rejection email. Better luck next time! :smile: Good luck at AC!
Has anybody heard back from the AC?
Original post by edenhazard5
Has anybody heard back from the AC?

No I haven't yet. It didn't feel like it went so well for me - I had many technical issues, that I didn't experience once in any other interviews I've done recently, and felt as if my general performance wasn't as good as it could've been.
I think they said 10 working days to me so I'm not getting my hopes up at all lol
Damn, what did you choose for your presentation?
Also, which teams did you choose on the preference form?
and fingers crossed you still get a chance, keep your head up
Damn, what did you choose for your presentation?
Also, which teams did you choose on the preference form?
and fingers crossed you still get a chance, keep your head up

I done the presentation on a person that I admire - I chose a professional athlete because I could talk about all the traits and stuff that they could be looking for like resilience, rebounding from setbacks etc, and how I find that inspiring, linking it to examples in my own life. In order on the preference form I chose: Portfolio Analysis Group, AM Privacy Office and Multi Asset Solutions Middle Office. I'll research the role in much more detail if I get it and do any sort of learning if needed before I start. How about you? What did you select for your presentation and on the form? Are you also applying as a school leaver? Best of luck awaiting your result!
I chose the greatest invention in the past 100 years as the internet, mentioned previous historic inventions and my decision making process. I chose PAG, Client onboarding and ETF sales & strategy in that order.

Im an economics graduate, but the AC was relatively straight forward so im sure it was a level playing field for all.
I chose the greatest invention in the past 100 years as the internet, mentioned previous historic inventions and my decision making process. I chose PAG, Client onboarding and ETF sales & strategy in that order.

Im an economics graduate, but the AC was relatively straight forward so im sure it was a level playing field for all.

Yeah I don't believe I would've been at any disadvantage in terms of difficulty of the AC, just annoyed at my major technical faults and don't want that to affect my chances (literally had to leave midway an interview and reconnect because they said it was so bad. I was so confused I've been doing so many apprenticeship/traineeship interviews lately this was very annoying).
Where did you graduate from and how comes you didn't apply through a graduate scheme?
Reply 51
Original post by rhyssharp
no i haven't yet. It didn't feel like it went so well for me - i had many technical issues, that i didn't experience once in any other interviews i've done recently, and felt as if my general performance wasn't as good as it could've been.
I think they said 10 working days to me so i'm not getting my hopes up at all lol

lol same!
Original post by RhysSharp
Yeah I don't believe I would've been at any disadvantage in terms of difficulty of the AC, just annoyed at my major technical faults and don't want that to affect my chances (literally had to leave midway an interview and reconnect because they said it was so bad. I was so confused I've been doing so many apprenticeship/traineeship interviews lately this was very annoying).
Where did you graduate from and how comes you didn't apply through a graduate scheme?

graduated from kent uni and the grad schemes opened up and closed way too early. A friend recommended that I should apply to the traineeship. I think they accept 10 trainees so still a fair chance that everybody could get accepted.
Reply 53
graduated from kent uni and the grad schemes opened up and closed way too early. A friend recommended that I should apply to the traineeship. I think they accept 10 trainees so still a fair chance that everybody could get accepted.

I was told there was 2000 applicants, so probs was a lot of people that got through to the AC
Reply 54
Original post by Cdhelp
I was told there was 2000 applicants, so probs was a lot of people that got through to the AC

If that's the case then we've all done exceptionally well for getting to this stage!
Any update guys? I know 1 person has already received an offer
No nothing for me yet
Reply 57
2 people I know have got the job - no call for me. So assuming I didn’t get it
got the rejection email a couple of days ago. how did everyone else do?

hello eden, I applied for this years program. wondering if you can give any info on what to expect for the AC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending