The Student Room Group
Original post by Lucy98654
This is random but from any of your experience If you wear a handbag will all the books really injure/pain your back lol?

don't want to sound like an old man (still in my 20s ffs) but as you get older you care more about functionality than looks and you will definitely find people in sixth form would rather have an ugly old rucksack than a dainty handbag that would be impractical for all of your textbooks and laptops!
Reply 2
I would get a rucksack. You can get some really nice ones and they're a lot stronger than a handbag!
Honestly get a backpack. It will save you so much pain, and so much easier if you need to carry folders in your arms too (I did).

Practicality any day.
I don't know what they're called, but I had one of those fabric bags you get free at events, but a massive one. I found it could fit more in that my old KS3/4 rucksack and was more convenient to get stuff out of. On the other hand, if you walk a long distance you should definitely get a rucksack - those textbooks are heavy and you don't want to hurt your back!
Tbh I would get a rucksack because you need a lot of room for stuff. If you do want to have a handbag then I suggest bringing a tote bag for your textbooks or folders or a laptop
Original post by redmeercat
I don't know what they're called, but I had one of those fabric bags you get free at events, but a massive one. I found it could fit more in that my old KS3/4 rucksack and was more convenient to get stuff out of. On the other hand, if you walk a long distance you should definitely get a rucksack - those textbooks are heavy and you don't want to hurt your back!

Do you mean tote bags? I get those if I see one giving hand out at an event
Original post by PetitePanda
Do you mean tote bags? I get those if I see one giving hand out at an event

I think so, yes! Like this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/518%2B0viJQKL._UY500_.jpg . I had a normal sized one to start with and it worked ok, but not better than my rucksack before it broke, but I much preferred the large one to my rucksack purely for convenience - I could get all 3 large files and textbooks in, no problem. :smile:
👜 👑Handbag 💋👛👝
I think so, yes! Like this https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/518%2B0viJQKL._UY500_.jpg . I had a normal sized one to start with and it worked ok, but not better than my rucksack before it broke, but I much preferred the large one to my rucksack purely for convenience - I could get all 3 large files and textbooks in, no problem. :smile:

yes its those. OMG that sounds like a dream. I only can fit two large files and my laptop in one
Depends how many you carry around/if you have a locker or similar storage facility at your institution. I'd probably recommend a rucksack anyway, I used a messenger bag in 6th form an uni and it definitely was uncomfortable after a while if I was having to carry a lot around, to have it all on one shoulder.
Neither, bring in a suitcase
Original post by PetitePanda
yes its those. OMG that sounds like a dream. I only can fit two large files and my laptop in one

Ikr?! Reckon it'll be my best friend at uni :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by Lucy98654
This is random but from any of your experience If you wear a handbag will all the books really injure/pain your back lol?

When I started sixth form I started with a handbag however the books are extremely huge so I switched to a backpack and haven’t looked back since
Reply 14

Thank you ! Ye I think I might use a tote bag lol
I personally would say handbag if you think your fashionable but want to risk comfort. I find comfort in my big thick rucksack.
Reply 16
Original post by thesun123
I personally would say handbag if you think your fashionable but want to risk comfort. I find comfort in my big thick rucksack.

Thank you ! I brought a large thick tote bag as I think it will be quite easy to take books and folders out. For some reason I could never fit folders in my rucksack before, its just whether my weak arm can deal with it lol
Original post by thesun123

its ugly tho

Latest