About the cancellation of the practical driving tests

Watch
Agent456
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I was meant to have my practical last month on the 21st of march but now all tests are suspended till late june. I'm just worried if I will forget a lot of things as I really want to get my driving out of the way now as I am 19.
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Agent456)
I was meant to have my practical last month on the 21st of march but now all tests are suspended till late june. I'm just worried if I will forget a lot of things as I really want to get my driving out of the way now as I am 19.
You can do it, just watch videos while at home, and this will help heaps!
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
You may have to wait a bit longer still and perhaps will need some refresher lessons before your test whenever it finally takes place. Given the issue of speeding by too many drivers that the police have found since the Covid 19 restrictions, perhaps not being on the road at present is no bad thing.
Agent456
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnetlad)
You may have to wait a bit longer still and perhaps will need some refresher lessons before your test whenever it finally takes place. Given the issue of speeding by too many drivers that the police have found since the Covid 19 restrictions, perhaps not being on the road at present is no bad thing.
I'm just worried if I will forget about of things, this is my main concern...

So you are telling me that I will have to wait longer?
username4867806
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Agent456)
I'm just worried if I will forget about of things, this is my main concern...

So you are telling me that I will have to wait longer?
There will be a lot of other people wanting to do lessons and they may not even start in June. You may have to wait longer for a slot.
Agent456
Rep:
?
(Original post by Treetop321)
There will be a lot of other people wanting to do lessons and they may not even start in June. You may have to wait longer for a slot.
My dad already booked a slot for june 18th the day after the tests got cancelled but we got a message saying that it was postponed so I will probs have it late june/early july
bambi1425
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
potentially see if a member of your household would be willing to let you drive to the shops whilst they come with when you go to the shops or something (if you have a suitable car) just to keep the basics up
stillcrying
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I was supposed to have mine on 14th April but it's been postponed to July so once a week I am driving to the shops with my dad. If you can drive a family member's car, that would be great for keeping on top of your skills!
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Honestly, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a june/july test at all. They often run several months backlog at the BEST of times, if they sort it all out by the end of the year i'd be impressed.
username5200950
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
My practical has been postponed to 22nd June, I don’t have a car to practice in and will need to do more lessons. However, with social distancing measures we can’t do driving lessons. Will the DVSA take this into account and let us reschedule if we can’t have lessons before the test?!
bambi1425
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Ib74)
My practical has been postponed to 22nd June, I don’t have a car to practice in and will need to do more lessons. However, with social distancing measures we can’t do driving lessons. Will the DVSA take this into account and let us reschedule if we can’t have lessons before the test?!
before all this you had to ability to reschedule (with due notice) anyway so I wouldn't see why you couldn't after
Ben.winter10
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you guys recieved a new test date yet? I was originally 26th march, then 29th june and now im waiting to get another email?
melisaxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Ben.winter10)
Have you guys recieved a new test date yet? I was originally 26th march, then 29th june and now im waiting to get another email?
Hi there,

I’m in the same boat too - kinda. Had my test booked for 20th March. Then cancelled myself as I wasn’t confident and rebooked for June. Then they cancelled that and gave another date in September which got cancelled a couple of weeks ago. I still haven’t received any other emails and have no clue what’s going on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.38%
I'm not sure (43)
4.27%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.96%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.81%

Watched Threads