The Student Room Group

Final Fantasy 7 Remake....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by ThuggerThugger
How long did it take to beat it then? it seems like shady business releasing only part of the game yet charging the standard full retail price.

it took me 60 hours, but most people take about 40 apparently.

I paid £49.99 for it.
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Although I would have liked to have payed less .. I don't feel robbed at all as it was a very good game and it took a reasonable amount of time to complete.

There was a full games worth of content in this part. What square enix did was base it on the midgar part of ff7 but add in new bits and stretch a lot of things out, add in new characters etc. eg: there's a part where you jump off a train. In the original it skips to the next train station but on the remake you are in the underground and have to navigate to the train station [and it takes quite a while, (hours)]

wall market has been expanded and stretched out as well. [new characters/new events/new tasks etc] the original wall market i found a bit of a chore ...but this time, although it was longer, it was a lot more fun.
Reply 81
Original post by sara.ads
Not yet, I’ve started crisis core, want to complete that before I finish the remake

I didn't think the real time system in crisis core was as great as the hype surrounding it at the time. i mean it was ok, but i found the game far too hack and slash and it wasn't that hard either. i think the real time system in ff7 remake is MUCH better. they've really nailed it. I can't see it get any better than that. Only way it could be improved is if you could issue voice commands and not have to cycle through menu's to use magic/items/abilities etc. i know you can use shortcuts but you only get 4
Original post by ANM775
I didn't think the real time system in crisis core was as great as the hype surrounding it at the time. i mean it was ok, but i found the game far too hack and slash and it wasn't that hard either. i think the real time system in ff7 remake is MUCH better. they've really nailed it. I can't see it get any better than that. Only way it could be improved is if you could issue voice commands and not have to cycle through menu's to use magic/items/abilities etc. i know you can use shortcuts but you only get 4

I know what you mean about hack and slash, my hands are sore from pressing x all the time 🤣, thought I would enjoy the end of ff7R more after play CC first, as from what I have seen from trailers it may be going in a certain way, I may be wrong though
Reply 83
Original post by Ciel.
nope, i've been too busy with my art project.

Not yet, I’ve started crisis core, want to complete that before I finish the remake

What Chapter are you on?
Original post by ANM775
What Chapter are you on?

Just started chapter 14
Reply 85
Original post by ANM775
What Chapter are you on?

uhm, the mako reactor 5 one, lol
Reply 86
Original post by Ciel.
uhm, the mako reactor 5 one, lol

Tf?

that's only like Chapter 7

Wow, and I thought I was slow

Still though, better to take your time then like get the game on wednesday, spend literally 20+ hours a day and have it finished by the end of thursday [which some people literally do]
Reply 87
Just started chapter 14

A lot of side quests in that Chapter.

Midgar is big... so I used a guide to find some of the locations, as it started getting tedious trying to find one or two things...

One thing that annoys me in this game is sometimes on a story mission or sidequest, the marker on the map will give you a false location. Really frustrating at times! they really need to release a patch to sort that out..!
Reply 88
Just started chapter 14

I really enjoyed Wall Market. Those parts with cloud and the camp looking guy you see in the trailers especially :laugh:
Original post by ANM775
A lot of side quests in that Chapter.

Midgar is big... so I used a guide to find some of the locations, as it started getting tedious trying to find one or two things...

One thing that annoys me in this game is sometimes on a story mission or sidequest, the marker on the map will give you a false location. Really frustrating at times! they really need to release a patch to sort that out..!

Yeah I’m the same gave up and looked online to find out where to go, been running around not getting anywhere lol, yeah wall market is by far the best yet, have you been on YouTube to have a look at all the options in the parlour 🤣🤣 it’s like half a million views
Reply 90
Yeah I’m the same gave up and looked online to find out where to go, been running around not getting anywhere lol, yeah wall market is by far the best yet, have you been on YouTube to have a look at all the options in the parlour 🤣🤣 it’s like half a million views

i know i spent 1000 gil on the massage.

totally not worth it, and from looking online i'm glad i didn't buy the 3000 gil one either.
Reply 91
Original post by ANM775
Tf?

that's only like Chapter 7

Wow, and I thought I was slow

Still though, better to take your time then like get the game on wednesday, spend literally 20+ hours a day and have it finished by the end of thursday [which some people literally do]

i'm just too busy with other stuff rn.
Reply 92
some really good battle tips i found [wish i found this whilst still playing the game]

Reply 93
Lol, base.com, it is £8 cheaper so can’t complain 2 much

I ordered God of War from base recently and it took a whopping 6 days to come!

I look on the packaging and it's sent via air mail in sweden or someplace. They have cheap prices, but if i'm desperate for a game and need it ASAP i'm not gonna order off there again.

btw did you and @Ciel. complete FF7 Remake yet? It's been months
Reply 94
Original post by ANM775

I look on the packaging and it's sent via air mail in sweden or someplace. They have cheap prices, but if i'm desperate for a game and need it ASAP i'm not gonna order off there again.

haven't touched my ps4 in months
Original post by ANM775
it took me 60 hours, but most people take about 40 apparently.

I paid £49.99 for it.
I thoroughly enjoyed my experience. Although I would have liked to have payed less .. I don't feel robbed at all as it was a very good game and it took a reasonable amount of time to complete.

There was a full games worth of content in this part. What square enix did was base it on the midgar part of ff7 but add in new bits and stretch a lot of things out, add in new characters etc. eg: there's a part where you jump off a train. In the original it skips to the next train station but on the remake you are in the underground and have to navigate to the train station [and it takes quite a while, (hours)]

wall market has been expanded and stretched out as well. [new characters/new events/new tasks etc] the original wall market i found a bit of a chore ...but this time, although it was longer, it was a lot more fun.

I think it was overpriced for what it had offered, I mean I loved the entire experience and all but I barely saw Sephiroth, just those little scenes and the slow ass walking towards him!
Waiting for part 2 is such a crime, I also wanted to see what it’d be like to play with RED XIII but yeah I can’t wait to see the other characters like Yuffie, Vincent, Cid.

It didn’t take too long to complete but to get the platinum, I had a total of 60 hours and that was with me leaving my PS4 on without playing LOL

Hard mode was a good challenge but then I realised too many good tricks to save your MP so I was flying through it.

I love Square Enix games and I’m glad someone started a thread about it, I would restart FF10 to grind for the platinum but I won’t have as much time as uni is starting soon : (
Original post by ANM775

Yeah I completed it on normal and hard mode and had a blast, I’m giving it a break now and will probably go through it again to platinum it before the next one comes out in a few years time.
Reply 97
Yeah I completed it on normal and hard mode and had a blast, I’m giving it a break now and will probably go through it again to platinum it before the next one comes out in a few years time.

I think I will have to replay it too at some point, as I enjoyed it so much.

Can't wait for the next one!
Reply 98
Reply 99
Original post by ANM775

it doesn't really have a final fantasy feel to it? or is it just me? i mean it looks ok but... different?

Quick Reply

Latest