Gwil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi! Has any information been released yet to suggest that the autumn exams will be scheduled for September, rather than later on in the term? And will all subjects be available?

I was supposed to be taking my exams as a private candidate this summer, and I've managed to get my centre to calculate me a grade for one subject (the only one needed to meet my uni offer), but I still hope to be able to sit the rest in the autumn. I could only really do it if it was before the start of uni though.
Bobbycar
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Gwil)
Hi! Has any information been released yet to suggest that the autumn exams will be scheduled for September, rather than later on in the term? And will all subjects be available?

I was supposed to be taking my exams as a private candidate this summer, and I've managed to get my centre to calculate me a grade for one subject (the only one needed to meet my uni offer), but I still hope to be able to sit the rest in the autumn. I could only really do it if it was before the start of uni though.
OK Gwil. there has been NO info about this yet, but I can get back to you. OK?
ACNa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Gwil)

No dates have been released for exams yet.
Also, the grade your centre have calculated for you may not be the grade you will receive. That is why they are not meant to have shared that information with you. Your centre will send the grade they think you will get, along with a ranking of students, to the exam board and the exam board will calculate your grade.

The most important thing to remember is every student is worried about this. No one quite knows what is happening. Just know that you are not alone in your situation
Stay safe
Gwil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Thank you for the responses! I hope there will be some clarity on this soon.

(Original post by ACNa)
No dates have been released for exams yet.
Also, the grade your centre have calculated for you may not be the grade you will receive. That is why they are not meant to have shared that information with you. Your centre will send the grade they think you will get, along with a ranking of students, to the exam board and the exam board will calculate your grade.

The most important thing to remember is every student is worried about this. No one quite knows what is happening. Just know that you are not alone in your situation
Stay safe
Thank you for your kind post. Don't worry, they haven't shared my grade with me and I don't expect them to before Results' Day. Sorry if I wasn't clear
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (32)
31.68%
No - I have already returned home (10)
9.9%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (23)
22.77%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (7)
6.93%
No - I live at home during term anyway (29)
28.71%

Watched Threads