The Student Room Group

study music recommendations!

Hello everyone, I was just curious as to what music everyone is listening to while studying! Since online lessons began I feel like I'm not really able to focus, but I think listening to music would help me concentrate better. I'd love to know everyone's recommendations!
I listen to a lot of post-tonal music when I study because it doesn't have a melody line in the conventional sense, so it's not too distracting. It can take some time getting used to, though. Try out Schoenberg's ops. 11 + 23 and see what you think. I would also recommend Berg's lyric suite and Prokofiev's Visions Fugitives (the latter is more tonal but still on par with the music of the previous two composers).
Thank you for your recommendations. I checked them out, and I really liked Prokofiev's Visions Fugitives :-D
Reply 3
I like listening to piano/orchestra music of songs that I like. Due to no lyrics it helps me focus more.
Original post by ohnojay
I like listening to piano/orchestra music of songs that I like. Due to no lyrics it helps me focus more.

Me too! What's your favourite one to listen while working?
Reply 5
Original post by snap crackle pop
Me too! What's your favourite one to listen while working?

I like to listen to the bts + bp ones, wbu? c:
Original post by ohnojay
I like to listen to the bts + bp ones, wbu? c:

I loooveee the bts ones!! I usually listen to piano covers of queen, they're dope :-D

Quick Reply

Latest