The Student Room Group

Is Seneca good for A level History revision?

I don't know if it is the right revision website to use it for as it's free but do people use it? Can you tell me other a level History websites to use?
personally i never relied on it for actual revision, BUT i found it good for passive revision, something to get me into the kinda 'history headspace' especially if i just wasnt in the mood

there really isnt many a-level history revision sites because of the fact theres so many exam boards and topics, and obviously at a-level history is a lot more subjective

id suggest mindmaps, fact sheets, key people/words/dates, timelines, flashcards and practice essays
Original post by originalbiscotti
personally i never relied on it for actual revision, BUT i found it good for passive revision, something to get me into the kinda 'history headspace' especially if i just wasnt in the mood

there really isnt many a-level history revision sites because of the fact theres so many exam boards and topics, and obviously at a-level history is a lot more subjective

id suggest mindmaps, fact sheets, key people/words/dates, timelines, flashcards and practice essays

Yes, I'm starting my a level revision right now as this will be a step up for me when going to a levels and the only revision website I found is Seneca but I don't know if there is anymore.
Original post by DeItaReality
Yes, I'm starting my a level revision right now as this will be a step up for me when going to a levels and the only revision website I found is Seneca but I don't know if there is anymore.

personally i never found anyothers, but there might be some, they seem in more demand
Yes people use it because the resources for history is somewhat scarce but you don't want to rely on them solely. My classmates use it for last min revision. It's fine if you are just doing it for a level prep
Original post by PetitePanda
Yes people use it because the resources for history is somewhat scarce but you don't want to rely on them solely. My classmates use it for last min revision. It's fine if you are just doing it for a level prep

Oh, okay. Can you recommend me better revision websites to use as I will still use Seneca but I can't seem to find the topic Russia and its rulers on Seneca?
Oh, okay. Can you recommend me better revision websites to use as I will still use Seneca but I can't seem to find the topic Russia and its rulers on Seneca?

Can you give me the time period you will learn it in? There's no sole revision websites for everything in history so you have to try to find it topic by topic
Can you give me the time period you will learn it in? There's no sole revision websites for everything in history so you have to try to find it topic by topic

Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964.
Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964.

What examboard are you doing?
What examboard are you doing?

OCR.

Quick Reply