The Student Room Group

Is A-level Geography hard?

Morning all,
I know it depends from Exam board to Exam Board, but in your experience is A-level Geography hard and challenging? Is the A-level content interesting and fun too?

Thanks!
Original post by AchyutChaudhary
Morning all,
I know it depends from Exam board to Exam Board, but in your experience is A-level Geography hard and challenging? Is the A-level content interesting and fun too?

Thanks!

I do OCR and I find it very enjoyable. There is a good mix of (mini) essay writing and knowledge based answers, and it compliments my other science based subjects very well. I much prefer the physical paper to the human, but that's just personal preference (I am more of a scientist than someone interested in humanities!). And, no I don't find it very difficult - I manage to score around 80-90% in most tests and papers without too much effort. As long as you keep up to dates with notes and have a good memory for facts you'll be fine. I also like OCR geography is there is an NEA, which is a personal research project which is really enjoyable and good practice for Uni. I hope that helps :-)
I do AQA geography and its interesting and honestly its not that hard by any means, especially compared to my other two subjects Maths and Economics. If you have done well in Year 10/11, you should be fine. The NEA was a struggle at times, but be organised just don't leave it to the last minute!

Quick Reply

Latest