The Student Room Group

A-level chemistry

how do I make revision notes for the inorganic part of chemistry a level? OCR A to be specific. I'm in year 12 and my current notes are horrific so i want to redo them because I finally have time because of quarantine. But i also want to know how i can both redo my notes for inorganic chem and also keep up with the new work theyre giving for inorganic. Thanks!
I go through the summary notes on physics and maths tutor, and write down anything I know I won’t remember.
Original post by skdffksn
how do I make revision notes for the inorganic part of chemistry a level? OCR A to be specific. I'm in year 12 and my current notes are horrific so i want to redo them because I finally have time because of quarantine. But i also want to know how i can both redo my notes for inorganic chem and also keep up with the new work theyre giving for inorganic. Thanks!

I would make a plan of all the revision notes you want to re-do and aim to do a certain amount per week until the end of the year. Don't try and do them all as quickly as possible but spread it out so it doesn't seem as much work and isn't as stressful. Re-doing your notes will also reconsolidate the inorganic work you have done so far so might help you understand the new content better.

Just don't spend ages making them aesthetic but focus on getting the most important information down so that the topic is clear to you. Also (you're probably doing this already) identify why your old notes were so bad so you don't end up making the same mistakes again.
Reply 3
Original post by aque1408
I would make a plan of all the revision notes you want to re-do and aim to do a certain amount per week until the end of the year. Don't try and do them all as quickly as possible but spread it out so it doesn't seem as much work and isn't as stressful. Re-doing your notes will also reconsolidate the inorganic work you have done so far so might help you understand the new content better.

Just don't spend ages making them aesthetic but focus on getting the most important information down so that the topic is clear to you. Also (you're probably doing this already) identify why your old notes were so bad so you don't end up making the same mistakes again.

thank you so much! i will try to make plan. Since most of the inorganic stuff is maths, how would you recommend i make notes for them?
Original post by skdffksn
thank you so much! i will try to make plan. Since most of the inorganic stuff is maths, how would you recommend i make notes for them?

What I normally do (I'm in year 12 by the way) is do a step by step walkthrough of a typical calculation question and repeat it for all the types of questions that can come up (only for the maths stuff). Works pretty well for me.
Reply 5
Original post by aque1408
What I normally do (I'm in year 12 by the way) is do a step by step walkthrough of a typical calculation question and repeat it for all the types of questions that can come up (only for the maths stuff). Works pretty well for me.

ah brilliant. thank you
Guys I’m in yr11 but I’m gonna do A level chemistry in September and I’ve already started doing some of the stuff. I’m finding some of the stuff very complicated which is putting me off and I’ve been getting 6’s in gcse but I never really tried but I want to do well in my A levels so do you have any tips of what I could do to get a headstart or any revision resources that you know of. I’m doing OCR A btw. Thanks
Original post by JRogers11
Guys I’m in yr11 but I’m gonna do A level chemistry in September and I’ve already started doing some of the stuff. I’m finding some of the stuff very complicated which is putting me off and I’ve been getting 6’s in gcse but I never really tried but I want to do well in my A levels so do you have any tips of what I could do to get a headstart or any revision resources that you know of. I’m doing OCR A btw. Thanks

I’ve just finished OCR A and should hopefully be getting an A*. I make posters on difficult topics, use the spec and textbook to make condensed notes. Physics and maths tutor is amazing as is the textbook. You can start familiarising urself with the content now if u want but make sure ur confident with the GCSE stuff first. Practice writting and balancing equations. There are quite a few definitions to learn so u could start on them too. Organic synthesis maps
Original post by Sophhhowa
I’ve just finished OCR A and should hopefully be getting an A*. I make posters on difficult topics, use the spec and textbook to make condensed notes. Physics and maths tutor is amazing as is the textbook. You can start familiarising urself with the content now if u want but make sure ur confident with the GCSE stuff first. Practice writting and balancing equations. There are quite a few definitions to learn so u could start on them too. Organic synthesis maps

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest