The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Student accommodation

Hey guys!

I've got an offer at UCL for a PGCE starting this September. It does mean i will be moving to London but since im not an international student i dont qualify for the uni's accommodation so will need to look elsewhere in the city. Anyways, given the current situation and the uncertainty of it, do you think it will still be a good idea to look and book accommodation? I don't want to leave it too late and have all the decent places taken but im also worried i wont get my money back if i pay a deposit and the course ends up being delayed or whatever.
Reply 1
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Hey guys!

I've got an offer at UCL for a PGCE starting this September. It does mean i will be moving to London but since im not an international student i dont qualify for the uni's accommodation so will need to look elsewhere in the city. Anyways, given the current situation and the uncertainty of it, do you think it will still be a good idea to look and book accommodation? I don't want to leave it too late and have all the decent places taken but im also worried i wont get my money back if i pay a deposit and the course ends up being delayed or whatever.

Hey. I am an international student who is also planning to start at UCL this September. I am pretty sure you can get accommodation even if you're not international so try to look into that a bit more. Even if you don't qualify, I think it would be smarter to book private accommodation. If our classes do end up being online, that would be the case for every single person that studies in London and not just you. So the accommodation would have to come up with a way to give everyone's deposits back. So I don't think you need to worry about that :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Hey guys!

Hi, same here I will be on Master at UCL. From France, so can't apply for Uni accomodation. Did you find interesting student hall ? I think I will deposit now and see if I can go there or not. I found a couple of accommodation but the reviews are all mitigated ............
Original post by Virginmobile
Hi, same here I will be on Master at UCL. From France, so can't apply for Uni accomodation. Did you find interesting student hall ? I think I will deposit now and see if I can go there or not. I found a couple of accommodation but the reviews are all mitigated ............

Hey, I have managed to find student accommodation somewhere in the city that's half an hour away from UCL by tube. I've paid my deposit as well so at least that is sorted.
Better to get it sorted now!
Hey, I have managed to find student accommodation somewhere in the city that's half an hour away from UCL by tube. I've paid my deposit as well so at least that is sorted.
Better to get it sorted now!

Ohhh good for you ! May I ask you which accommodation did you pick ? I'm so confused with all these accommodation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending