The Student Room Group

How to help chronic fatigue syndrome?

I’m so sick of being tired all the time. I struggle to even get outside now and doing my college work at home is really difficult.

Any tips and advice?
honestly I understand I get fatigue often but it's not chronic. I've been suggested an activity diary over the week so my activities are spread out over the week. Remember to take it slow and have breaks. Have you been diagnosed with something
Reply 2
Original post by holly6901
honestly I understand I get fatigue often but it's not chronic. I've been suggested an activity diary over the week so my activities are spread out over the week. Remember to take it slow and have breaks. Have you been diagnosed with something

No I haven't I saw a doctor about it and she said she was going to refer me to a chronic fatigue clinic but they never got back to me. :frown:
Reply 3

The problem is that the fatigue is constant and 24/7 and is the same no matter how little or how much I do. It just rarely ever goes away and when it does it soon comes back. :frown: It's like a constant very dull ache in my forehead. I feel really heady all the time and all I wanna do is just lie in bed all the time.
Original post by Anonymous
No I haven't I saw a doctor about it and she said she was going to refer me to a chronic fatigue clinic but they never got back to me. :frown:

it might be linked to vitamins or hydration so maybe get some vitamin supplements and make sure you have about 8 glasses of water a day
The problem is that the fatigue is constant and 24/7 and is the same no matter how little or how much I do. It just rarely ever goes away and when it does it soon comes back. :frown: It's like a constant very dull ache in my forehead. I feel really heady all the time and all I wanna do is just lie in bed all the time.

start with little things and work up
Reply 6
it might be linked to vitamins or hydration so maybe get some vitamin supplements and make sure you have about 8 glasses of water a day

My doctor gave me high strength vitamin D supplements but they've not helped. :frown: Also, I drink plenty of water during the day but that doesn't help either. :frown:
Reply 7
start with little things and work up

I've tried going on short walks on some days. Sometimes I feel a little better after it but recently i haven't felt any better at all. :frown:
I've tried going on short walks on some days. Sometimes I feel a little better after it but recently i haven't felt any better at all. :frown:

I'm sorry I don't know how to help
Pace yourself and rest as much as you can, is about all you can do unfortunately. It's so hard :frown: do follow up with your doctor, you may have a vitamin deficiency or something they can easily help even if it doesn't go away completely.

Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. It's a really ****ty thing to have. You do learn to live with it and make the best of the energy you have, but it's so horrible watching everyone else move on around you when you're just stuck. I've had ME/CFS for about seven years now, started after I virus I had during my AS levels (when they existed!).
Original post by furryface12
Pace yourself and rest as much as you can, is about all you can do unfortunately. It's so hard :frown: do follow up with your doctor, you may have a vitamin deficiency or something they can easily help even if it doesn't go away completely.

Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. It's a really ****ty thing to have. You do learn to live with it and make the best of the energy you have, but it's so horrible watching everyone else move on around you when you're just stuck. I've had ME/CFS for about seven years now, started after I virus I had during my AS levels (when they existed!).

Thanks for the advice and it’s great to hear that I’m not the only one with this (though it certainly does feel like it at times).
I am also constantly fatigued. I haven't been diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome, but I have been tested to check my vitamin levels and they have been fine. I take vitamin d daily. I heard exercise helps temporarily? Idk I've just accepted it now, and try to get on with things anyway.
My doctor gave me high strength vitamin D supplements but they've not helped. :frown: Also, I drink plenty of water during the day but that doesn't help either. :frown:

How many units did they give you?
Original post by DeeStudent
How many units did they give you?

1 tablet twice a week. Can’t remember the strength.
Nice cat picture btw. I really love cats.
Nice cat picture btw. I really love cats.

My dream cat.

Quick Reply

Latest