The Student Room Group

a level choice

Hi everyone ...Is it essential that i take physics a level with maths a level?I have apply to do a levels at my local college - Biology ,Chemistry and Physics.And i was wondering for peoples opinion because i believe i might struggle with physics as i wont be doing a level maths.My future career is to go down the medcine route.I was wondering if it would be better to drop physics and do geography A level because i will only need a level biology and chemistry for my future career.Thanks Everyone
As someone who does phyics and maths I dont think u need maths for physics as long as you are doing alright at gcse maths you wont struggle with physics maths
:smile:

Original post by .unknown
As someone who does phyics and maths I dont think u need maths for physics as long as you are doing alright at gcse maths you wont struggle with physics maths

Ok thanks for the fast reply.Does anyone agree
Reply 3
i know a few people in my physics classes who do physics without maths and they're fine with it but i think the college i go to supported them more with it by giving them an extra lesson on the maths used in physics but I'm sure if you're stuck then any teacher would be more than happy to help so if you don't want to do the maths a level you'll be fine doing physics without it so long as you can do gcse maths decently :smile:
Original post by Eferjf
:smile:

Ok thanks for the fast reply.Does anyone agree

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest