The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE scholarships 2020

Hey guys!
Since soon (on 1sth May) LSE will start sending notifications to those that received a scholarship, I though it would be nice if there is a threat where all of us that are impatiently waiting can get some information.
Good luck to you all!

Scroll to see replies

@simonaaefrander
Great idea I'm in! What will you study? I'm a global politics postgrad from Berlin and you?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Hi guys!

Does anyone know what the chances of getting a scholarship are like? And if they start sending them out in order of amount (e.g. highest amount to lowest amount), or if they are allocated randomly?
Reply 3
I have the same question. Any answers much appreciated!

Specifically, it would be helpful to get a sense of whether not receiving a Graduate Support Scheme (GSS) Award increases/decreases your chances of getting an LSE scholarship, all else equal? I sadly did not receive a GSS Award, but demonstrated a funding gap in my application.

I'm hoping to take up my place in the MSc Applied Social Data Science program, but may reinstate for 2021 if funding falls through.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Hello, do you which is the biggest scholarship they provide? in terms of the amount?
Hello!
I was admitted to the Masters in MISDI

Original post by Miss_Thorn
@simonaaefrander
Great idea I'm in! What will you study? I'm a global politics postgrad from Berlin and you?
Original post by hotknife
I have the same question. Any answers much appreciated!

Specifically, it would be helpful to get a sense of whether not receiving a Graduate Support Scheme (GSS) Award increases/decreases your chances of getting an LSE scholarship, all else equal? I sadly did not receive a GSS Award, but demonstrated a funding gap in my application.

I'm hoping to take up my place in the MSc Applied Social Data Science program, but may reinstate for 2021 if funding falls through.

From what I've heard if the amount that you asked is above 15k it will automatically get rejected.
I'm not sure what happens if your funding gap is below 15k and you got rejected by the GSS
Original post by simonaaefrander
From what I've heard if the amount that you asked is above 15k it will automatically get rejected.
I'm not sure what happens if your funding gap is below 15k and you got rejected by the GSS

May I ask who you heard this from? I read on their page that awards range from £5k-£25k, but it also varies based on your student status.
Anyone heard anything back? :smile:
Has anyone applied for the undergraduate scholarships ie new futures fund or golden scholarships here?
Reply 10
Has anyone heard anything yet?
Original post by ALDB123
Has anyone heard anything yet?

Nope. Any idea when did LSE send funding notifications last year?
Has anyone heard from undergrad lse support scheme (overseas) yet???
Reply 13
Nothing here. I keep checking everyday lol . Last year they were quick to give them out. I guess this year they are a bit hesitant considering the pandemic and how grades are being allocated. Guess we just have to continue waiting :smile:
Relatable :/ I am afraid I might lose my Plan B and C If I keep on waiting for the LSE. I check all the scholarships' blogs daily to keep my self updated. Any idea when did they send selection emails last year?
@mirza.hamza @Vy13 r u guys undergrads?
Reply 16
Original post by depressed2001
@mirza.hamza @Vy13 r u guys undergrads?

Yes I'm an undergrad and yourself?
Reply 17
Original post by mirza.hamza
Relatable :/ I am afraid I might lose my Plan B and C If I keep on waiting for the LSE. I check all the scholarships' blogs daily to keep my self updated. Any idea when did they send selection emails last year?

When my friend applied last year, she got a response by mid June and she had applied in March. I guess the sooner you applied the sooner you got a response. I don't think it's the same this year though.
But LSE is also known to give responses LATE cause my other friend applied at the same time and only got a response in Late July.
Original post by Vy13
Yes I'm an undergrad and yourself?

Yes same, I applied for the scholarship in mid Feb:frown:
Do u know anyone who heard back?
Reply 19
No Unfortunately I don't. I came here to find out if anyone got a response or knew anyone who did 🤣. I was a bit worried but when I checked the website They said " All Decisions will be sent out by the end of July" and that's just 2 more weeks. If you could wait since Feb, 2 more weeks isn't nothing.😊 . Good Luck to everybody.

What course did you apply for btw?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending