The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

EU 2021 entry for Forensic Science and Criminology

Hello everyone,
I'm considering to aplly to Keele this autumn for 2021 entry and I have a couple of questions.
Is the Forensic Science and Criminology course good? How is the teaching? I'm a bit worried since on ucas forensic science doesn't seem to have the highest rate of student satisfaction.
Plus, if you're a EU student like me I would appreciate if you told me a bit about your experience this far.
Sorry about any eventual typos :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hello everyone,
I'm considering to aplly to Keele this autumn for 2021 entry and I have a couple of questions.
Is the Forensic Science and Criminology course good? How is the teaching? I'm a bit worried since on ucas forensic science doesn't seem to have the highest rate of student satisfaction.
Plus, if you're a EU student like me I would appreciate if you told me a bit about your experience this far.

Were you living in the UK before 31 Jan 2020?
Are you expecting to get student finance, because I believe thats ,limited to students who commence in 2020.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Were you living in the UK before 31 Jan 2020?
Are you expecting to get student finance, because I believe thats ,limited to students who commence in 2020.

No, I would be moving in the Uk at the beginning of first year. I am actually hoping to get a boursary or scholarship, are those still avaiable?
No, I would be moving in the Uk at the beginning of first year. I am actually hoping to get a boursary or scholarship, are those still avaiable?

For full fees they would be rare.
Also may not apply to EU students in the way they do now.
Your best chance is they agree a trade deal, but signs do not look good and Barnier wants to assert his authority.
Reply 4
Your best chance is they agree a trade deal, but signs do not look good and Barnier wants to assert his authority.

Mh...I see. Thanks for the information :")
Mh...I see. Thanks for the information :")

EU citizens living in the UK before we left get to continue to have rights, EU citizens who do not start by 2020 will be treated as internationals at international rates and without access to UK loans, unless they agree differently.
Hello everyone,

Hello there! I am glad to hear that you considering Keele as an option! Keele is among the top three in the UK for Forensic Science! You can read more about the course content included in the Forensic Science and Criminology through this link- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/undergraduatecourses/forensicscienceandcriminology/#course-content
Furthermore, you can talk to current Keele University students on this platform- https://www.keele.ac.uk/study/chat/
I have been through this platform and unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone doing both of your subjects but I did find a Law with Criminology student and a Forensic Science student! I hope talking to them would give you an idea of what each course is like and how its taught, etc.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

I just wanted to let you know that I couldn't find anything on student finance for EU students in the 2021 intake, however I have emailed the university about this, just in case they know something. I will get back to you as soon as they respond. :smile:

Hi again! The university got back to me with this- unfortunately, we would be unable to advise with certainty until Student Finance England release the information for 2021. At the moment EU students are still receiving funding however, we are unsure what will happen in the future following Brexit. We hope that information will be available later in the year.

I am sorry I wasn't much help. :frown: Keep in touch with the university, this platform and the gov.uk website for updates. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1
Hi again! The university got back to me with this- unfortunately, we would be unable to advise with certainty until Student Finance England release the information for 2021. At the moment EU students are still receiving funding however, we are unsure what will happen in the future following Brexit. We hope that information will be available later in the year.

I am sorry I wasn't much help. :frown: Keep in touch with the university, this platform and the gov.uk website for updates. :smile:

Hi, thank you for your help anyway :smile:
Hi, thank you for your help anyway :smile:

Not a problem! :smile:
If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Quick Reply

Latest