The Student Room Group

BTEC - coronavirus issues

Hello, I’m studying a BTEC Extended diploma. Im really stressed with what is happening. My teachers are very hit and miss as to what is happening. Its seems as though they know nothing themselves! Im having to complete assignments as normal and i keep emailing for help but they don’t respond and when they do it is in very little detail! I also handed in up to 6 assignments since September that haven’t even been marked and haven’t even been fed back to me so any resubs that may need to be done are unknown so this could possibly add to the work load. Is anyone in the same boat? If so what are you doing about it as i cant get answers from anyone?!

I have a conditional offer to go to uni in September but all this work is stressing the life out of me as i really want to get in
(edited 3 years ago)
Check if your course is a National level 3 before hand. If so do the following

Email your tutor or head of the department saying that with the recent btec news, I have seen that work is not required due to the fact that we’re meant to be getting predicted grades. The following statement is from the BTEC news page:

“While you are studying at home we do not require or expect any assessment for BTEC Level 3 Nationals, BTEC Level 1 and 2 Firsts and Tech Awards to take place. We expect to collect estimated grades from teachers and tutors for any incomplete work and these estimates will be used in the calculation of your final grade”

Due to this statement, I wish to find out what is happening. The work I am completing within that was set after the lockdown is unfair to get similar grades that if I were not in lockdown.

I emailed that to my tutor and they emailed to the head of the department and then they had a meeting. Now I dont have to do assignments.
Reply 2
Original post by Christian12
Check if your course is a National level 3 before hand. If so do the following

Email your tutor or head of the department saying that with the recent btec news, I have seen that work is not required due to the fact that we’re meant to be getting predicted grades. The following statement is from the BTEC news page:

“While you are studying at home we do not require or expect any assessment for BTEC Level 3 Nationals, BTEC Level 1 and 2 Firsts and Tech Awards to take place. We expect to collect estimated grades from teachers and tutors for any incomplete work and these estimates will be used in the calculation of your final grade”

Due to this statement, I wish to find out what is happening. The work I am completing within that was set after the lockdown is unfair to get similar grades that if I were not in lockdown.

I emailed that to my tutor and they emailed to the head of the department and then they had a meeting. Now I dont have to do assignments.

Ok thank you! I will have a look into it, my course is a Level 3 National Extended dip. so should be a national one.

Did your course have any Exams attached to it?
Original post by Lshort17
Ok thank you! I will have a look into it, my course is a Level 3 National Extended dip. so should be a national one.

Did your course have any Exams attached to it?

Nope only assignments. I did level 3 extended diploma in civil engineering. But yeah. Just send them proof of that statement (it’s on BTEC news) and send proof your course is a level 3 National. And then write how unfair it is that your teachers are still setting work.

It may sound rude to them but they aren’t listening.
Reply 4
Nope only assignments. I did level 3 extended diploma in civil engineering. But yeah. Just send them proof of that statement (it’s on BTEC news) and send proof your course is a level 3 National. And then write how unfair it is that your teachers are still setting work.

It may sound rude to them but they aren’t listening.

Oh nice, im doing a similar course to you then! Im doing a construction and the built env. course. Ah right ok.

Yes it does sound a little rude but they are being rude themselves by not answering my emails haha

Thanks again
Oh nice, im doing a similar course to you then! Im doing a construction and the built env. course. Ah right ok.

Yes it does sound a little rude but they are being rude themselves by not answering my emails haha

Thanks again

Yeah. You’re course is the same as mine then pretty much. Message me if you need help or need more info
Reply 6
Yeah. You’re course is the same as mine then pretty much. Message me if you need help or need more info

Thankyou, building an argument with my friend atm which we are gunna email to our teacher haha
(edited 3 years ago)
I have received this email from my personal tutor, I do National Extended Diploma in Business.

Good News
We have now received further clarification from Pearson in relation to submission of work and as such we will not expect you to submit any tasks post closure.
For PBL this will means that we only require you to submit Tasks 1-4 (which had deadlines due before college closed and should already be submitted).
Reply 8
Original post by emilly2001
I have received this email from my personal tutor, I do National Extended Diploma in Business.

Good News
We have now received further clarification from Pearson in relation to submission of work and as such we will not expect you to submit any tasks post closure.
For PBL this will means that we only require you to submit Tasks 1-4 (which had deadlines due before college closed and should already be submitted).

Ah right! Thats good news for you!

We just have had nothing to that effect, its been more of do your work and get on with it. we have hardly any useful resources for what we are doing and some of the assignments are new as of after the lockdown so haven’t had any explanation as to how to do them.

My sister on the other hand is having the same thing as you. She only has to submit any resubs now. Then she will be signed off

Hope all goes well for you in the future :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Ah right! Thats good news for you!

We just have had nothing to that effect, its been more of do your work and get on with it. we have hardly any useful resources for what we are doing and some of the assignments are new as of after the lockdown so haven’t had any explanation as to how to do them.

My sister on the other hand is having the same thing as you. She only has to submit any resubs now. Then she will be signed off

Hope all goes well for you in the future :smile:

Yes, I had the same issue, teachers ignoring my emails, no explanation to the work we need to be doing, which then led to me doing terribly on the given assignments and having no motivation as we weren't given an answer as to whether we need to continue or not.

I'm sure you will get an email soon as they can't just sign off some BTEC courses and leave others to continue doing work! hopefully, everything works out for you and you get the grades you wanted :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by emilly2001
Yes, I had the same issue, teachers ignoring my emails, no explanation to the work we need to be doing, which then led to me doing terribly on the given assignments and having no motivation as we weren't given an answer as to whether we need to continue or not.

I'm sure you will get an email soon as they can't just sign off some BTEC courses and leave others to continue doing work! hopefully, everything works out for you and you get the grades you wanted :smile:

Yes it is very annoying, i got my friend to send them an email and he got an immediate response! As far as they are aware they know nothing.

I saw that there is a consultation thing with BTEC up and until the 8th May so maybe i will hear more after then. That must have been annoying at the time! At least you have some closure now.

Good luck to you too!
I have an unconditional offer so does that mean regardless off the outcome my college give me im in Uni right? I was pretty much smashing everything up till now. got D*D*D* in my first year and so far I've done the best in all assignments I have handed in. Im working a 9-5 mon- Friday to help my mum as her hours have been cut so I cant even attend lessons let alone get a start on the new assignments they've been setting me so im just a worried. Thanks
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by bilalyahya
I have an unconditional offer so does that mean regardless off the outcome my college give me im in Uni right? I was pretty much smashing everything up till now. got D*D*D* in my first year and so far I've done the best in all assignments I have handed in. Im working a 9-5 mon- Friday to help my mum as her hours have been cut so I cant even attend lessons let alone get a start on the new assignments they've been setting me so im just a worried. Thanks

If you have an unconditional and its your firm, there is no need to worry as you will get in regardless of your grades
Reply 14
Yes, i have seen a new update on btec news about not needing to to any coursework but haven’t been told by teachers yet. Have been told to do the best you can which still isnt helpful!

Oh right! Glad you got it all sorted!

Thanks, good luck with your course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending