The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth 2020 Applicants Thread

Hello everyone!

I haven’t seen any threads for Plymouth 2020 applicants other than those for Medicine so I decided to make one!!

What courses are you applying to?
What other universities have you applied to?
Predicted Grades?
GCSEs?
When did you apply & any offers you have received?
Is Plymouth your first choice?
Any other info?

Thanks Everyone!! Hope this take off lol!!
What courses are you applying to? BSc Computer Science
What other universities have you applied to? Exeter, Swansea, Cardiff, Plymouth and Bristol
Predicted Grades?A*BC (CompSci, Philo, Maths)
GCSEs? A*/A/A/A/AB/7/6/B
When did you apply & any offers you have received? Applied early October, all offers recieved except Bristol (denied)
Is Plymouth your first choice? Insurance
(edited 4 years ago)
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 2
What courses are you applying to? Biomedical Science
What other universities have you applied to? UWE, Sussex, Nottingham Trent and Lancaster
Predicted Grades? AAA
GCSEs? 9, 8, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, 6, B
[b]When did you apply
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi I've accepted Plymouth as firm offer. I'm going on Navigation and Maritime Science. Anyone else out there starting in 2020? I've got Swansea as an insurance in case I change my mind, but doubt I will.
Just insured Plymouth :biggrin:
Reply 5
Why would you choose Plymouth over Swansea? The moment I got my offer from Swansea, I withdrew my app from Plymouth.
Original post by VarunG
Why would you choose Plymouth over Swansea? The moment I got my offer from Swansea, I withdrew my app from Plymouth.

The grades for Exeter and Swansea are so close, so if I fall a few grades I will not qualify for Swansea.
Hey Everyone, I got an unconditional to do Biomedical Science at Plymouth for 2020 :biggrin:

Now all I gotta do is enjoy my gap year!

Anyone else doing Biomed?
Reply 8
Hey I've firmed Plymouth for BSc Physiotherapy. Just waiting to hear how my grades for my Access course are going to work out now everything has effectively stopped. Anyone else looking to do Physio?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Jakpants
Hey I've firmed Plymouth for BSc Physiotherapy. Just waiting to hear how my grades for my Access course are going to work out now everything has effectively stopped. Anyone else looking to do Physio?

Hi!
I’ve applied to do Phsyio as long as my grades come out okay! 😁
Original post by Physionewbie1
Hi!
I’ve applied to do Phsyio as long as my grades come out okay! 😁

Maybe we'll be classmates. Based on the grades I had already achieved for my Access modules I should be ok with the rest of my grades being calculated. What are you doing at the moment A levels, Access or something else?
Maybe we'll be classmates. Based on the grades I had already achieved for my Access modules I should be ok with the rest of my grades being calculated. What are you doing at the moment A levels, Access or something else?

Currently doing a sport BTEC- they asked for D*D*D*, but I’m on track for it with my previous results too :smile:
Currently doing a sport BTEC- they asked for D*D*D*, but I’m on track for it with my previous results too :smile:

When do you get your results for BTEC? We've been told we should get the rest of our grades in July, we would normally pick them up as we go so would know if we were on track or needed to put extra effort in. Its annoying knowing we won't get any new grades until July when we get our certificates.
When do you get your results for BTEC? We've been told we should get the rest of our grades in July, we would normally pick them up as we go so would know if we were on track or needed to put extra effort in. Its annoying knowing we won't get any new grades until July when we get our certificates.

I believe we will be getting ours together in August as we will have an exam we will be waiting for, however we get graded as we go with assignments :smile:
I really want to know now- I hate all this waiting!
Hiya, I was at PCA this year studying Interior Design and didn't love it so I'm applying for Plym Uni in September to study Anthropology. Plymouth is an amazing place, really great community, amazing SU, fab night life... I could have applied to another city but after living in Plym for this year, I love it too much to move haha.
I believe we will be getting ours together in August as we will have an exam we will be waiting for, however we get graded as we go with assignments :smile:
I really want to know now- I hate all this waiting!

hey, got my results today. Exceeded what I needed for my place. Any news for you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending