The Student Room Group

BTEC Engieering Extended Diploma

I have an unconditional offer so does that mean regardless off the outcome my college give me im in Uni right? I was pretty much smashing everything up till now. got D*D*D* in my first year and so far I've done the best in all assignments I have handed in. Im working a 9-5 mon- Friday to help my mum as her hours have been cut so I cant even attend lessons let alone get a start on the new assignments they've been setting me so im just a worried. Thanks
Original post by bilalyahya
I have an unconditional offer so does that mean regardless off the outcome my college give me im in Uni right? I was pretty much smashing everything up till now. got D*D*D* in my first year and so far I've done the best in all assignments I have handed in. Im working a 9-5 mon- Friday to help my mum as her hours have been cut so I cant even attend lessons let alone get a start on the new assignments they've been setting me so im just a worried. Thanks

Whilst it sounds like you've been doing great in your course so far (and well done!), it would be worth mentioning your current situation to your college so they know what's going on.

It would be unfair on you, and all the hard work you've put in up to this point, for your grades to suffer whilst you do right by your family in the current circumstances.

I'd recommend having a word with them, see what they say :h:
Reply 2
Thanks for the reply mate and yeh I have told them but they have told me that working is not an excuse and one teacher said it's ok and to do the assignments I can but I don't get when they expect me to do the work when I'm literally missing all there lessons as they do them during the week on Microsoft teams. It's just really a hassle how they can't just tell me straight up but then again I'm pretty sure they don't know anything either. It's on management. Thanks for the reply tho 🙂
Reply 3

If you have an unconditional offer, provided you pass, you'll have a place at Uni.

With regards to assignments, tell the college about your situation. Also with the current situation (covid-19) Colleges & Exam boards should be calculating grades using work submitted before a set date(I've been told it will likely be somewhen in March).

There is always the Weekend and evenings to do college work, you could use notes from classmates, it's not ideal but better than nothing.

If I may ask, which University do you have an offer from? And how many Units/Assignments you have left to hand in?
Thanks for the reply mate and yeh I have told them but they have told me that working is not an excuse and one teacher said it's ok and to do the assignments I can but I don't get when they expect me to do the work when I'm literally missing all there lessons as they do them during the week on Microsoft teams. It's just really a hassle how they can't just tell me straight up but then again I'm pretty sure they don't know anything either. It's on management. Thanks for the reply tho 🙂

No problem, I know it's a tricky one and finding the time can be difficult. I did an engineering apprenticeship so I spent the week working and did a BTEC alongside it so most of my evenings/weekends were spent with assignments coming out of my ears.

Whilst I'm surprised your college have reacted in that way, I certainly can't speak for them. Is there someone in your class who could give you their notes on the MS Teams discussions?

All I will say is that if you're going to attempt the assignments and get stuck because you don't have the information, you're more than welcome to post questions here on TSR or drop me a message and I'll try to help wherever I can :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by GHeard26
If you have an unconditional offer, provided you pass, you'll have a place at Uni.

With regards to assignments, tell the college about your situation. Also with the current situation (covid-19) Colleges & Exam boards should be calculating grades using work submitted before a set date(I've been told it will likely be somewhen in March).

There is always the Weekend and evenings to do college work, you could use notes from classmates, it's not ideal but better than nothing.

If I may ask, which University do you have an offer from? And how many Units/Assignments you have left to hand in?

I'm not sure how many we have left but we were nearing the end of most the units. We definitely have enough to be judged in but my unit consisted of actually making my project which isn't possible now due to this whole Covid 19 situation and that's true there is weekends and weekdays but I'm fasting (Ramadan) so when I get back from work I'm knackered so I fully knockout but yeh you're right might do some assignments this weekend just to be ok the safe side because my college hasn't said anything about only assignments before march. They want us to carry on doing new assignments we haven't even be taught. Thanks for the reply mate 😊
Reply 6
Original post by brainzistheword
No problem, I know it's a tricky one and finding the time can be difficult. I did an engineering apprenticeship so I spent the week working and did a BTEC alongside it so most of my evenings/weekends were spent with assignments coming out of my ears.

Whilst I'm surprised your college have reacted in that way, I certainly can't speak for them. Is there someone in your class who could give you their notes on the MS Teams discussions?

All I will say is that if you're going to attempt the assignments and get stuck because you don't have the information, you're more than welcome to post questions here on TSR or drop me a message and I'll try to help wherever I can :smile:

Rahs mate there's no need but that's very generous. If I do get stuck I will definitely let you know. This is my first time in student room really didn't expect any replies let alone someone like you haha. Thanks mate 😁
Reply 7
Original post by brainzistheword

Rahs mate there's no need but that's very generous. If I do get stuck I will definitely let you know. This is my first time in student room really didn't expect any replies let alone someone like you haha. Thanks mate 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending