The Student Room Group

Lipa 2020

Hi, is anyone starting LIPA in September?

I'm on the Music course and don't know where to apply for accommodation!

Scroll to see replies

Heyy I'm starting LIPA in September :smile: I'm on the sound tech course!I also don't know where to apply for accommodation, I want somewhere really sociable - they seem to really recommend cathedral campus but idk?
Yeah I’ve looked at Cathedral too! Not sure about it though :frown: also looking at Grenville & the arch!! Hopefully see you in September!!!
Original post by megangallagherr
Yeah I’ve looked at Cathedral too! Not sure about it though :frown: also looking at Grenville & the arch!! Hopefully see you in September!!!

Yeah I'm looking at Grenville and Anges Jones House but I really don't know :/ Lemme know what you decide !
Reply 4
hiii! I'm starting on the events management course in September! I've been mega struggling to find people going to LIPA to be honest hahahah so I'm glad I found this thread! I've booked a room at Cathedral Campus which seems nice enough - I've only ever been to Liverpool once so had no clue where is good to live, so just took their recommendation - hoping it turns out to be as nice as they made out :smile:
Original post by kait.2002
hiii! I'm starting on the events management course in September! I've been mega struggling to find people going to LIPA to be honest hahahah so I'm glad I found this thread! I've booked a room at Cathedral Campus which seems nice enough - I've only ever been to Liverpool once so had no clue where is good to live, so just took their recommendation - hoping it turns out to be as nice as they made out :smile:

Me too! I wish there was a Facebook group so all the new first years could talk to each other haha!

I think I’ll probably end up at cathedral because Grenville streets quite a bit more expensive!
Reply 6
Me too! I wish there was a Facebook group so all the new first years could talk to each other haha!

I think I’ll probably end up at cathedral because Grenville streets quite a bit more expensive!

literally that would make it so much easier - we should all just start one if not hahahah! those are the two i was deciding between, but the price difference did it for me in the end - got to stretch the student loan as far as possible: ) do you have instagram or anything we could follow each other on? you can just send it privately if you don't want to post it here x
literally that would make it so much easier - we should all just start one if not hahahah! those are the two i was deciding between, but the price difference did it for me in the end - got to stretch the student loan as far as possible: ) do you have instagram or anything we could follow each other on? you can just send it privately if you don't want to post it here x

Insta is @meggalllagher xx
Original post by xella_smith
Yeah I'm looking at Grenville and Anges Jones House but I really don't know :/ Lemme know what you decide !

I’m booking cathedral, just because it works out loads cheaper x

Hi - we should just start a Facebook group, all the other unis seem to have one and would be nice to talk to some other firsts years before we go? I think im gonna books cathedral just because of the price as well :smile: did you guys do 5 or 4 bedroom house?
My insta is @xella_smith
Hi - we should just start a Facebook group, all the other unis seem to have one and would be nice to talk to some other firsts years before we go? I think im gonna books cathedral just because of the price as well :smile: did you guys do 5 or 4 bedroom house?
My insta is @xella_smith

hello! i genuinely think we should, it'd make this whole thing much less daunting, knowing we've all got a way to speak before we go! i booked a 4 bed in the end:smile: i'll follow you now!x
My insta is @xella_smith

Let’s do it!!

i applied for 5 bed x I’ve followed you xx
Hey I'm starting the LIPA management course in sept aswell! I booked cathedral campus 5 bedroom too : ) I think there may be a facebook freshers group called LIPA freshers 2020-2021 but I haven't been accepted into it, has anyone else? It's so cool to see other people going to the same place!
Hey, just seen this thread - how long did it take you guys to hear back re your auditions? Just this week I submitted an online video application so just wondering how long it'll take for a response :smile:
Original post by Anthonyyjardine
Hey, just seen this thread - how long did it take you guys to hear back re your auditions? Just this week I submitted an online video application so just wondering how long it'll take for a response :smile:

I think I waited just over 2 weeks then emailed admissions & they told me I’d been successful. On my audition day they said they’re happy for you to email so I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if you did! Good luck! :smile:
I think I waited just over 2 weeks then emailed admissions & they told me I’d been successful. On my audition day they said they’re happy for you to email so I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if you did! Good luck! :smile:

Awesome, I will give that a go then if I dont hear anything back a week Monday, thanks! What course have you gone for? I am a late applicant, so I am not sure how much that will affect my application at all... the video audition was very thorough haha
Awesome, I will give that a go then if I dont hear anything back a week Monday, thanks! What course have you gone for? I am a late applicant, so I am not sure how much that will affect my application at all... the video audition was very thorough haha

Hopefully that won’t affect you application! I applied for Songwriting and Production and Music but went for Music in the end.. you?
Hopefully that won’t affect you application! I applied for Songwriting and Production and Music but went for Music in the end.. you?

Awesome! I am applying for songwriting and production so again fingers crossed!! Did you look into other places before deciding on lipa?
Awesome! I am applying for songwriting and production so again fingers crossed!! Did you look into other places before deciding on lipa?

Yeah LIPA, LCoM, Salford and NTU !! You? Is LIPA your preference?
Yeah LIPA, LCoM, Salford and NTU !! You? Is LIPA your preference?

LIPA is definitely the preference especially as im in the city so much (usually😂) for my current band! What did you think of Salford? That is the only other one you mentioned that i also applied for, i do have a place at bimm but i am not sure on it yet..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending