The Student Room Group

Estranged/independent student evidence

Hi there,

I applied for my student finance as an independent/estranged student and was told to send in a cover letter of why I am estranged and a letter from a housing officer that can provide evidence of my estrangement and independence. I sent them in a couple days ago but my student finance entitlement as of 6th March is 4K which is the lowest limit. I know this was before I sent the evidence but I haven’t been updated apart from the fact that they’ve received my evidence. I was just wondering how long will it take to process my evidence and when will this show up in my student finance as all it says in my account is “Entitlement letter” of 4K before I sent the evidence off.
I opted for the highest amount of student finance btw

Regards
Sadia
Original post by Sadz_x
Hi there,

I applied for my student finance as an independent/estranged student and was told to send in a cover letter of why I am estranged and a letter from a housing officer that can provide evidence of my estrangement and independence. I sent them in a couple days ago but my student finance entitlement as of 6th March is 4K which is the lowest limit. I know this was before I sent the evidence but I haven’t been updated apart from the fact that they’ve received my evidence. I was just wondering how long will it take to process my evidence and when will this show up in my student finance as all it says in my account is “Entitlement letter” of 4K before I sent the evidence off.
I opted for the highest amount of student finance btw

Regards
Sadia

It usually takes a few weeks (or even a month or so) for evidence to be processed and your increased award to be put through.

Give it until the end of May and check back. Don’t worry - it sounds like you’ve provided plenty of evidence. You just need to wait while the SFE staff work their way through to your evidence.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
It usually takes a few weeks (or even a month or so) for evidence to be processed and your increased award to be put through.

Give it until the end of May and check back. Don’t worry - it sounds like you’ve provided plenty of evidence. You just need to wait while the SFE staff work their way through to your evidence.

Ahh thank you very much for clarifying, it’s put a lot of peace on my mind. I was just stressing out as Accomodation does cost quite a bomb at derby, and because I’ve been estranged and independent for almost 2 years, I really can’t risk just having 4K xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending