The Student Room Group

Can I do health and social level 3?

Can I do health and social level 3 on my first year of college ?

Scroll to see replies

If you have the entry requirements which is usually like 5 GCSEs including maths, English and maybe science at grade C or above. I don't see why not
Reply 2
Original post by Aztec Chic
If you have the entry requirements which is usually like 5 GCSEs including maths, English and maybe science at grade C or above. I don't see why not

The entry requirements are a grade 6 or above does that change anything?
Original post by N478
The entry requirements are a grade 6 or above does that change anything?

What's a grade 6, B? If you have the grades then sure if not then you may have to do level 2 health and social care for the first year
Reply 4
Original post by Aztec Chic
What's a grade 6, B? If you have the grades then sure if not then you may have to do level 2 health and social care for the first year.

Yes it’s B . Would I be able to do level 2 for a year and then do level three extended diploma.
Grade 6??? That’s extremely high to do health and social care level 3.
Reply 6
Original post by The-judge-16
Grade 6??? That’s extremely high to do health and social care level 3.

It’s grade 4
Original post by N478
Yes it’s B . Would I be able to do level 2 for a year and then do level three extended diploma.

Yeah you can start at level 2 if you don't meet the requirements for level 3. As someone else said grade 6 does seem unusually high.
Original post by N478

your sixth form must be strict. you only need 5 gcses A* to C grades
Reply 9
Original post by MoonlightRain
your sixth form must be strict. you only need 5 gcses A* to C grades

It depends on what course I’m doing psychology biology Which you have to have 6 in maths and biology or combined science and health and social
Original post by N478
It depends on what course I’m doing psychology biology Which you have to have 6 in maths and biology or combined science and health and social

do you want to do a levels? Or do you just want to do health and social care level 3?
Reply 11
do you want to do a levels? Or do you just want to do health and social care level 3?

I’m doing biology and psychology A level and btec health and social level 3
Original post by N478
I’m doing biology and psychology A level and btec health and social level 3

Ah. They do require 6’s in maths for that, you're right. You don't think you'll get a 6?
Reply 13
Ah. They do require 6’s in maths for that, you're right. You don't think you'll get a 6?

No I’m extremely bad at maths
Original post by N478
No I’m extremely bad at maths

Then maybe you could take health and social care at your school but take psychology and biology in private. It is gonna be a bit of money but they won't care if you didn't get a 6.
Reply 15
Then maybe you could take health and social care at your school but take psychology and biology in private. It is gonna be a bit of money but they won't care if you didn't get a 6.

Maybe but I want to be a midwife and the uni I’m hoping to get into say that I need 2 or 3 A levels and I’m in year 10 so I have time to improve hopefully
Original post by N478
Maybe but I want to be a midwife and the uni I’m hoping to get into say that I need 2 or 3 A levels and I’m in year 10 so I have time to improve hopefully

Which uni is that? I'm sure they all accept level 3 btec courses but the requirement for that may be DDD or something.
Reply 17
Which uni is that? I'm sure they all accept level 3 btec courses but the requirement for that may be DDD or something.

Sheffield Hallam
Original post by N478
Sheffield Hallam

No they don't.
1EA1E24D-E24E-495A-A0CD-CF341D441C37.png
Reply 19
No they don't.
1EA1E24D-E24E-495A-A0CD-CF341D441C37.png

So does that mean that I can’t do level 3 health and social

Quick Reply

Latest