The Student Room Group

Lshtm 2020 application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ryan_Ch
Finally got the offer from LSHTM (Health policy, planning and financing). I am in a dilemma whether to attend UCL for Health Data Science or LSHTM, the programmes are so different though.

Congrats! May I ask how long you waited to hear back from LSHTM?
Reply 41
Original post by plushyjames
Congrats! May I ask how long you waited to hear back from LSHTM?

Thanks, about 6 weeks after my second reference was submitted.
Original post by Ryan_Ch
Finally got the offer from LSHTM (Health policy, planning and financing). I am in a dilemma whether to attend UCL for Health Data Science or LSHTM, the programmes are so different though.

Congrats! If I may ask, where are you leaning more towards? Have you applied anywhere else?

I can also add that UCL was great when I attended for 4 years for both my bachelors and masters. They really have a well established student union, tons of societies, great bars and study spaces, and probably the only real university campus in central London. I know this isn't specific to the exact programme you applied to but if these factors are also important to you I am more than happy to elaborate on them more.
my offer came today, a whole day after submitting my application! I am shooketh!
Reply 44
Original post by antikaryote
my offer came today, a whole day after submitting my application! I am shooketh!

amazing congrats - which programme for?
Original post by med_ID
amazing congrats - which programme for?

MSc Infectious diseases, distance learning because I'm too poor to move from pretty Pembrokeshire. I can't believe they got back the next day...I was expecting 6-10 weeks (even more b/c covid) and was also expecting rejection. Crazy times!
Hi my application status is now "admission decision under review", does anyone know how long now it will be until I hear back?

@med_ID @Ryan_Ch
Reply 47
Hi my application status is now "admission decision under review", does anyone know how long now it will be until I hear back?

@med_ID @Ryan_Ch

hey, it took about a week or 2 I think for my offer to come through from when the status changes
Reply 48

@med_ID @Ryan_Ch

Same, I got the offer within a week or two. You should hear back from LSHTM very soon.
Original post by med_ID
hey, it took about a week or 2 I think for my offer to come through from when the status changes

Original post by Ryan_Ch
Same, I got the offer within a week or two. You should hear back from LSHTM very soon.

Damnit, there was me thinking it was just an admin thing and I should hear back today...
The COVID situation actually made me forget I'd even applied. it's been quite stressful in the NHS recently especially as a front line staff member. It took months and months but i can finally say I managed to achieve an offer for Public Health (Health Economics stream) !!!

now the current situation has changed where my family's financial situation has changed as a result of COVID. Thinking of asking them for a deferment.

It took YONKS to hear back. do you think this is reflective of my application or the competitive nature of public health.
Wahey! I got in for health data science!
Reply 52
Original post by muzia1402
The COVID situation actually made me forget I'd even applied. it's been quite stressful in the NHS recently especially as a front line staff member. It took months and months but i can finally say I managed to achieve an offer for Public Health (Health Economics stream) !!!

now the current situation has changed where my family's financial situation has changed as a result of COVID. Thinking of asking them for a deferment.

It took YONKS to hear back. do you think this is reflective of my application or the competitive nature of public health.

Hey! absolutely not! the LSHTM has a long history of taking a lot of time for getting back to applicants! I am sure it is not representative of your competitive nature for public health, if you love it, you'll be great! and just getting in is a major accomplishment.

If you think you might need to defer, you'll have plenty of options. They normally don't accept deferrals due to economical situations but have just changed that because of COVID, and they are taking deferrals from students. Best of luck with everything :smile:
Reply 53

Congrats!! Did you apply to other school for health data science?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Ryan_Ch
Congrats!! Did you apply for other school for health data science?

Thanks! I applied to Exeter too and got an offer there, guess I just have to decide where now!
Did anyone apply for the One Health course? (joint course between LSHTM and Royal College of Veterinary) Did you hear back? I am grateful for any answers!! :smile:
Reply 56
Hey! Just got an offer for part-time MSc in Epidemiology - very excited!
Reply 57

Congratulations on your offer! May I ask what your undergrad is? Also how long after applying did you receive the offer, and do you know if you got any of the scholarships?
I just got my offer for Msc Public Health for this year, a couple of weeks after submitting an application.

Congrats to others!
Thought I'd jump on the bangwagon and add that I have an offer for Medical Parasitology! I applied last year and took a gap year, so will definitely be going in September. Hope to meet most of you there soon! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending