The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Dharaa
I've applied to Bhan, have you heard anything from them?
I sent my application only last week so I guess very early days!
Good luck
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Hello! Nope, I still haven't heard anything from them. I think with the whole situation, the whole process has become a little slow tbh. Good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by Jem8406
Hi Dharaa
I've applied to Bhan, have you heard anything from them?
I sent my application only last week so I guess very early days!
Good luck
Hey, I heard from them last week and my interview is this friday
Reply 4
Original post by jenniferuttams

Aw that's great! Good luck for your interview :smile:
Reply 5

aww good luck , I have had my interview it was okay not bad been offered a place so forever grateful.
you'll smash it
Reply 6
Original post by Labag
aww good luck , I have had my interview it was okay not bad been offered a place so forever grateful.
you'll smash it

Well done!! That's amazing
Reply 7

Congratulations and good luck with your interview!
Is it gave to face or via Skype?
Reply 8
Original post by Jem8406
Congratulations and good luck with your interview!
Is it gave to face or via Skype?

It was over skype the interview was
I applied for the august cohort
Reply 9
Original post by Labag
It was over skype the interview was
I applied for the august cohort

How did you find it? What was the interview style, question and answers? I guess you can't do MMI?
Any information will be much appreciated 😊
Reply 10
Original post by Jem8406
How did you find it? What was the interview style, question and answers? I guess you can't do MMI?
Any information will be much appreciated 😊

I was very nervous at first but tbh the staff were extremely friendly . The interview itself took about 40 mins . Due to the coronavirus the interview was not in the same style it would be i.e. MMI format . General interview questions were asked i.e
-Why do you want to be a PA
-Why do you not want to become a doctor
-Medical pillars
-PatientConfidentialityy
-Previous example of a difficult situation
-The role of a PA
-Why Uob

Im going to be honest with you I can notrememberr the rest of the questions
As long as your passionate I think you will be fine .

What is your undergraduate degree and where did you study if you dont mind me asking ?

Let me know how it goes good luck hope this info helped .
P.s. Advice dont keep your answers textbook style make them unique to yourself they dont want to hear the answer everyone is going to give you need to stand out from the crowd and think with an open mind
Hi, how are you guys funding the course? I was looking to apply for the January cohort but I am stuck financially and have heard it is a very intense course so it is not recommended working on the side.
Reply 12
Original post by Labag
I was very nervous at first but tbh the staff were extremely friendly . The interview itself took about 40 mins . Due to the coronavirus the interview was not in the same style it would be i.e. MMI format . General interview questions were asked i.e
-Medical pillars
-PatientConfidentialityy
-The role of a PA
-Why Uob

What is your undergraduate degree and where did you study if you dont mind me asking ?

P.s. Advice dont keep your answers textbook style make them unique to yourself they dont want to hear the answer everyone is going to give you need to stand out from the crowd and think with an open mind

I'm the same, get sooo nervous for interviews but it sounds like you've done great!
Thanks for all the information, is very helpful.
I studied Dental Hygiene and Therapy at Kings College London.

How about you?

Did they say when you find out?
Reply 13
Original post by Jem8406
I'm the same, get sooo nervous for interviews but it sounds like you've done great!
Thanks for all the information, is very helpful.
I studied Dental Hygiene and Therapy at Kings College London.

How about you?

Did they say when you find out?

Oh that's a good course , you'll be fine dont get nervous. Yes they notified me a few days after to offer me a place on the course unofficially and then they sent an official offer through . They may ask you why did you not want to continue to do dental hygiene and therapy . good luck youll smash it
Reply 14
Original post by Alice___19990
Hi, how are you guys funding the course? I was looking to apply for the January cohort but I am stuck financially and have heard it is a very intense course so it is not recommended working on the side.

same yes I have spoken to a student currently studying it at UOB and they have said that it is a very intense course and that they would not recommend working either . I know that you can apply for a masters loan from the government i.e. student loans
Reply 15
Original post by Labag
-Medical pillars
-PatientConfidentialityy
-The role of a PA
-Why Uob

This was very helpful. Thank you :smile:
Reply 16
Do any of you guys know about funding from HEE?
Reply 17
Original post by HBH786
Do any of you guys know about funding from HEE?

I know that some university offer a £5000 bursary from HEE and that Uob have been able obtain it in the past but I’m not sure about this year
I think Hull York medical have got a bursary this year
I hope Uob are able to offer it this year it would be so good , but as far as I am aware you do have to be self funding student to be eligible so no form of student finance
Reply 18
Hi,
Did anyone else join the offer holder event today for those starting in Aug 2020?
Reply 19
Original post by KP84
Hi,
Did anyone else join the offer holder event today for those starting in Aug 2020?

Yes me I joined

Latest

Trending

Trending