The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Is durham actually boring or do people go clubbing etc?

Adress the rumours pls

Scroll to see replies

Uni is what you make of it ☺️ Durham can be really fun, there are really great clubs & bars, but also soooo many societies and clubs to have fun at.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Academicbee123
Uni is what you make of it ☺️ Durham can be really fun, there are really great clubs & bars, but also soooo many societies and clubs to have fun at.

Thank you so much! Do you know much about Durham nightlife I’m scared I won’t be surrounded my like minded people who would be willing to go to Newcastle etc
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much! Do you know much about Durham nightlife I’m scared I won’t be surrounded my like minded people who would be willing to go to Newcastle etc

Dw mate, i'll hop on a mad night out with you. Offered a place for psychology at Durham st marys. Dunno whether to take that, Leeds or Nottingham thou cuz a bit worried all the posh school people just won't get my much more cool state school vibes.
Reply 4
Original post by Izx
Dw mate, i'll hop on a mad night out with you. Offered a place for psychology at Durham st marys. Dunno whether to take that, Leeds or Nottingham thou cuz a bit worried all the posh school people just won't get my much more cool state school vibes.

Hey thanks and collingwood here, I’m definitely more open to firming because of these threads now- I’ve seen a few from people at Collingwood and Durham in general! Love a good night out! I think with the state school vibes you’ll find people as I’ve done with the going out thing- I’m torn between Mancs and Durham myself but think I’ll firm Durham
Original post by Izx

dw I go to a ‘posh school’ and the majority of us aren’t snobby or anything. There will be a few **nts but most of us are just normal
Reply 6
Original post by gilliewolf
dw I go to a ‘posh school’ and the majority of us aren’t snobby or anything. There will be a few **nts but most of us are just normal

Same here- everyone where I go is normal too- I thought the same as I moved from a state to a more ‘posh’ school for sixth form
Reply 7
Original post by gilliewolf

When i get bullied for not owning a horse I'll be sure to come to you for social backup XD
Original post by Izx
When i get bullied for not owning a horse I'll be sure to come to you for social backup XD

you don’t own a horse? 🥴
Am thinking along the same lines r.e clubbing/nightlife- am scared Durham will be boring?

This is exactly what I’m panicking about ! Doing English literature in south college and I just want to go out to Newcastle and have fun clubbing, that’s made me feel much better🤣
There are no seals in the River Wear to my knowledge to club or harm in any way.
Durham nightlife is non existent.I visited my friend there last year and decided to firm Bristol.Life is just too short😩
Reply 13
Durham nightlife is non existent.I visited my friend there last year and decided to firm Bristol.Life is just too short😩

Up Bristol where i'm from. Thing is Bris is actually such a highly regarded uni whereas the other 2 options for me are nott and leeds but theyre mid level russel groups tbh. Bris is high. I wanna go to Durham but the nightlife does have me questioning myself
Original post by Izx
Up Bristol where i'm from. Thing is Bris is actually such a highly regarded uni whereas the other 2 options for me are nott and leeds but theyre mid level russel groups tbh. Bris is high. I wanna go to Durham but the nightlife does have me questioning myself

That’s like me with nightlife At Durham but Newcastle isn’t far ajd im sure I’ll find like minded people
Original post by Izx

Hi, just wondering if you firmed Durham? I’m in the same predicament as you.
Adress the rumours pls

I myself don't go to Durham but one of my best friends does. The nightlife is very apparent and that's because Durham is a student town, when the students aren't there it has a different atmosphere. Durham is home to Klute, which is branded as the worst nightclub in Europe but a lot of people go there. They have Players, Osbornes (LGBTQ+ Friendly) and those seem like the top 3 for Durham Students.
I myself don't go to Durham but one of my best friends does. The nightlife is very apparent and that's because Durham is a student town, when the students aren't there it has a different atmosphere. Durham is home to Klute, which is branded as the worst nightclub in Europe but a lot of people go there. They have Players, Osbornes (LGBTQ+ Friendly) and those seem like the top 3 for Durham Students.

There's also Lloyds (also LGBTQ+ Friendly) and Jimmy's
I guess me and all the other people who don’t go clubbing are boring lol
Original post by Toscana
I guess me and all the other people who don’t go clubbing are boring lol

I’m going to Durham and I don’t like clubbing! Welcome to the ‘boring’ club lol

Quick Reply

Latest