The Student Room Group

Btec help

If I do health and social level 3 extended diploma then does that mean I don’t have to do anymore A levels and is it the equivalent to 3 A levels

Scroll to see replies

it counts as 1 A-Level then u could pick up another subject like btec business which counts as 2 A-Levels, however that is depending on Ur school, if I was you I would email your careers person in your school
Reply 2
Original post by taranmistry
it counts as 1 A-Level then u could pick up another subject like btec business which counts as 2 A-Levels, however that is depending on Ur school, if I was you I would email your careers person in your school

Ok thank you ☺️
Original post by taranmistry

It does not.

An extended diploma is equivalent to three a-levels. A national diploma is equivalent to one.
Original post by Hazelly
It does not.

An extended diploma is equivalent to three a-levels. A national diploma is equivalent to one.

oh yeah sorry I forgot
Reply 5
Original post by Hazelly
It does not.

So I want to do midwifery so if I do an extended diploma in health and social does that mean I don’t need to do any other subjects?
Original post by N478
So I want to do midwifery so if I do an extended diploma in health and social does that mean I don’t need to do any other subjects?

As long as you have passed your GCSEs, yes.
Reply 7
Original post by Hazelly
As long as you have passed your GCSEs, yes.

So can you check the uni website for me and just check it’s Sheffield Hallam
Original post by N478
So can you check the uni website for me and just check it’s Sheffield Hallam

Can you not?
Reply 9
Original post by Hazelly
Can you not?

Yes I’ve checked it but I’m in year 10 I don’t really understand btec fully and you’ve helped me with if you don’t want to it’s totally fine but I’d appreciate it
Original post by N478
Yes I’ve checked it but I’m in year 10 I don’t really understand btec fully and you’ve helped me with if you don’t want to it’s totally fine but I’d appreciate it

I'll have a look.
" 5. Entry requirements
All students
Additional information for EU/International students
UCAS points
From A levels including at least 40 points from a natural science (such as Biology, Chemistry or Physics) or Social Science (Psychology or Sociology) or equivalent BTEC National qualifications (including suitable natural or social science modules). We do not accept AS Levels or general studies. For example:

ABB at A Level including relevant subject(s).
DDM in BTEC Extended Diploma from a relevant subject(s).
You can find information on making sense of UCAS tariff points here and use the UCAS tariff calculator to work out your points.

GCSE
English Language or Literature at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
Maths at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
Science at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
*GCSE Maths equivalents

maths equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

*GCSE English equivalents

english equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

*GCSE Science equivalents

OCR Science Level 2

science units gained on a Level 3 BTEC or OCR National Diploma or Extended Diploma Qualification

science credits gained on Access to Higher Education Diplomas (at least 12 credits gained at level 2 or 6 credits gained at level 3)

science equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

Approved Access to HE Diploma in health studies, health science, nursing or another science-based course. Normally we require 15 of the level 3 credits to be graded at distinction level with 12 of these distinctions from science or social science units.

FdSc Professional Practice in Health & Social Care - If you are in the process of completing or have successfully completed the above programme at one of our partner colleges (Sheffield College, Barnsley College, Chesterfield College, North Lindsey College, Dearne Valley College, Manchester College, Stockport College and Doncaster College) and are looking to progress your career as a registered professional within the Health & Social Care sector, we would welcome an application from you via UCAS to start in year 1.

other equivalent qualifications are considered individually, and include previous degrees that are grade 2.2 or above.

IELTS

If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 7.0 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent. If your level of English language is currently below IELTS 7.0 we recommend you consider an appropriate Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve the required level of English. "

Yes, Health and Social Care is accepted.
Reply 12
Original post by Hazelly
" 5. Entry requirements
All students
Additional information for EU/International students
UCAS points
From A levels including at least 40 points from a natural science (such as Biology, Chemistry or Physics) or Social Science (Psychology or Sociology) or equivalent BTEC National qualifications (including suitable natural or social science modules). We do not accept AS Levels or general studies. For example:

ABB at A Level including relevant subject(s).
DDM in BTEC Extended Diploma from a relevant subject(s).
You can find information on making sense of UCAS tariff points here and use the UCAS tariff calculator to work out your points.

GCSE
English Language or Literature at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
Maths at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
Science at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
*GCSE Maths equivalents

maths equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

*GCSE English equivalents

english equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

*GCSE Science equivalents

OCR Science Level 2

science units gained on a Level 3 BTEC or OCR National Diploma or Extended Diploma Qualification

science credits gained on Access to Higher Education Diplomas (at least 12 credits gained at level 2 or 6 credits gained at level 3)

science equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

Approved Access to HE Diploma in health studies, health science, nursing or another science-based course. Normally we require 15 of the level 3 credits to be graded at distinction level with 12 of these distinctions from science or social science units.

FdSc Professional Practice in Health & Social Care - If you are in the process of completing or have successfully completed the above programme at one of our partner colleges (Sheffield College, Barnsley College, Chesterfield College, North Lindsey College, Dearne Valley College, Manchester College, Stockport College and Doncaster College) and are looking to progress your career as a registered professional within the Health & Social Care sector, we would welcome an application from you via UCAS to start in year 1.

other equivalent qualifications are considered individually, and include previous degrees that are grade 2.2 or above.

IELTS

If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 7.0 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent. If your level of English language is currently below IELTS 7.0 we recommend you consider an appropriate Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve the required level of English. "

Yes, Health and Social Care is accepted.

Omg thank you so much ❤️🙏😊
Original post by N478
Omg thank you so much ❤️🙏😊

No problem, it’s on their website for future references. Or have a look on UCAS :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Hazelly
No problem, it’s on their website for future references. Or have a look on UCAS :smile:

You’ve been such a lifesaver honestly 🙏😊
Original post by N478
If I do health and social level 3 extended diploma then does that mean I don’t have to do anymore A levels and is it the equivalent to 3 A levels

Hey yes it does equate to 3 A Levels. hence why the assignments and exams are hard. You will be able to progress on to uni as I’m currently in uni having completed the HSC course. 😊.
Reply 16
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
Hey yes it does equate to 3 A Levels. hence why the assignments and exams are hard. You will be able to progress on to uni as I’m currently in uni having completed the HSC course. 😊.

Thank you what course are u doing I hope to do midwifery.😊
Original post by N478
Thank you what course are u doing I hope to do midwifery.😊

You’re welcome.

Adult Nursing.
Reply 18
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
You’re welcome.

Adult Nursing.

I was stuck between adult nursing and midwifery 😊
Original post by N478
I was stuck between adult nursing and midwifery 😊

It ultimately depends on what one you want to get into long term. Adult nursing is obviously more targeted towards focusing upon the elderly though no limitation and midwifery obviously pregnant woman.

Hope that helps. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending