The Student Room Group

PLEASE Help! Sixth Form at 18!

I was sitting A-level Biology and Chemistry as an external candidate , as well as taking BTEC Applied Science at sixth form (my Gcses weren't high enough, I got 6 7 for science and they wanted 7 7 ) . I have AS Biology at grade A and AS Chemistry at grade B. I have been working hard but because of coronavirus my exam centre cancelled all external candidates, so I havent done my A2. I wanted to apply to a Russell uni on results day

However recently I've lost interest in sciences and am more interested in philosophy, languages and law. Is it realistic to go back to college and do another set of A-levels. I have been accepted at a local college anyway
(edited 3 years ago)
Anyone
Reply 2
Yes, you can sit A-Levels at any age. Your local adult education centre will probably run courses, or you might be able to find somewhere where you can just sit the exam.
(edited 3 years ago)
Well, if you don't like the unis you've been accepted to, you can do a levels although personally I don't see the point. Russell Group is not the be all and end all of unis and there are many good universities that take BTEC grades. What are you expecting to get for BTEC?
Original post by Daveological
Well, if you don't like the unis you've been accepted to, you can do a levels although personally I don't see the point. Russell Group is not the be all and end all of unis and there are many good universities that take BTEC grades. What are you expecting to get for BTEC?

Original post by bpro987
Yes, you can sit A-Levels at any age. Your local adult education centre will probably run courses, or you might be able to find somewhere where you can just sit the exam.

Ive been accepted to go to London Metropolitan to study Biology, BTEC Applied Science DDD grades

I want to go to Oxford or Cambridge to study English Lit instead though
Reply 5
Original post by benjaminkushner
Ive been accepted to go to London Metropolitan to study Biology, BTEC Applied Science DDD grades

I want to go to Oxford or Cambridge to study English Lit instead though

That's a bit of a leap.
Sounds like your still unsure what you want to do.

Have you considered other universities?
Durham are highly rated and offer a foundation year program for people with not the right A-levels/Btecs.
Original post by adam271
That's a bit of a leap.
Sounds like your still unsure what you want to do.

Have you considered other universities?
Durham are highly rated and offer a foundation year program for people with not the right A-levels/Btecs.

im not that smart academically but I want to improve , to go to the best unis
Nearly all universities accept the BTEC including Oxford although you might need D*D*D*. Whether anyone will accept you for English Lit with a BTEC in Applied Science is questionable. Maybe you should be looking at an English Lit or a humanities A level rather than Chemistry or Biology.
Original post by swanseajack1
Nearly all universities accept the BTEC including Oxford although you might need D*D*D*. Whether anyone will accept you for English Lit with a BTEC in Applied Science is questionable. Maybe you should be looking at an English Lit or a humanities A level rather than Chemistry or Biology.

You don't understand AT ALL. I was sitting A-level Biology and Chemistry as an external candidate , as well as taking BTEC Applied Science at sixth form (my Gcses weren't high enough, I got 6 7 for science and they wanted 7 7 ) . I have AS Biology at grade A and AS Chemistry at grade B. I have been working hard but because of coronavirus my exam centre cancelled all external candidates, so I havent done my A2. I wanted to apply to a Russell uni on results day

However recently I've lost interest in sciences and am more interested in philosophy, languages and law. Is it realistic to go back to college and do another set of A-levels. I have been accepted at a local college anyway

Quick Reply

Latest