The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc Computer Science (entry 2020/2021)

Hello, 4 weeks ago I applied for MSc CS at UCL. I still haven't received anything. Does anyone know what does it mean? should I wait more or go ahead with other offers?Ps. I have a bachelor's in Economics with limited programming skills (R language only)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by fadi115
Hello, 4 weeks ago I applied for MSc CS at UCL. I still haven't received anything. Does anyone know what does it mean? should I wait more or go ahead with other offers?Ps. I have a bachelor's in Economics with limited programming skills (R language only)

Hi, same here. Reading threads here gives me the feeling that most (or all) applicants haven't heard back so far and are waiting for decisions.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Do you think we should send them an email?
Reply 3
Original post by fadi115
Do you think we should send them an email?

You could surely try. After everything I have heard around here I think it might take weeks until they reply to an Email. I guess they must be very busy processing all applications in these special circumstances.
Reply 4
I've heard nothing as well so far and let's make this thread the main one
Reply 5
Original post by rueporc
I've heard nothing as well so far and let's make this thread the main one

Same here !
Hey guys I have also heard nothing, I applied in the middle of march. At least I already have an offer for QMUL though, I think it's a bit ridiculous Imperial demand a first now to be honest.
Reply 7
Wait, they used to ask for lower than a first?? Wow, I guess it's getting really competitive now
Reply 8
I have no clue what is even going on now
Reply 9
Hey guys,
I received my offer this night. The status on portico changed to "being processed by admission" yesterday afternoon. I checked shortly after midnight (UK time) and saw the offer. An email followed later this night.

I applied mid-March, my references were completed in late March. So I guess you could be hearing back soon. I hope you'll get positive news and we might see each other in September! All the best of luck.
Original post by bndtkau
Hey guys,
I received my offer this night. The status on portico changed to "being processed by admission" yesterday afternoon. I checked shortly after midnight (UK time) and saw the offer. An email followed later this night.

I applied mid-March, my references were completed in late March. So I guess you could be hearing back soon. I hope you'll get positive news and we might see each other in September! All the best of luck.

Congrats!!!! I applied in mid Feb and my references were also completed in late march so hopefully i will hear some news soon too!
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous
Congrats!!!! I applied in mid Feb and my references were also completed in late march so hopefully i will hear some news soon too!

I hope so! All the best of luck!
Reply 12
I emailed UCL last week Monday and they responded two days ago saying that they are currently processing a high volume of applications and can't give me an exact date as to when I shall receive a response
Reply 13
Original post by bndtkau
Hi, same here. Reading threads here gives me the feeling that most (or all) applicants haven't heard back so far and are waiting for decisions.

Me too! Sent off my application mid feb with my references in at the beginning of March but also still haven't heard back sadly
Reply 14
my references went in 2nd of feb and I haven't heard anything yet. Not feeling so hopeful anymore
Original post by iridra
my references went in 2nd of feb and I haven't heard anything yet. Not feeling so hopeful anymore

I had to wait just under 5 months for a CSML offer - I wouldn't give up hope.
Did everyone else just get an email about Coronavirus?
Original post by CSconv2020
Did everyone else just get an email about Coronavirus?

Yes i got it and i got excited for a second thinking its an offer :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Yes i got it and i got excited for a second thinking its an offer :frown:

Haha I feel you, I guess they are worried about people deferring.
Probably means that people are deferring though - which can only be good news on an admissions front

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending