The Student Room Group

What’s unforgivable in a relationship?

What would you consider unforgivable?

Something you would never give a second chance.
Cheating
Cheating
Farting and blaming it on the dog.
Reply 4
Cheating and abuse
Cheating and/or abuse.

Everything else can be forgiven (at least once anyway)
Reply 6
Original post by Reality Check
Farting and blaming it on the dog.

Good’un
Cheating
Physical and emotional abuse
Controlling
Original post by Arthur_Morgan
Cheating

Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Cheating

Original post by NDCZ
Cheating and abuse

Original post by Jack22031994
Cheating and/or abuse.

Everything else can be forgiven (at least once anyway)

Original post by MoonlightRain
Cheating
Physical and emotional abuse
Controlling

What they said
Reply 9
I have to agree that cheating is unforgivable.

Forgiving cheating is one of the worst things you can do to yourself, ever.
Cheating, lying, domestic abuse, stealing, rape, controlling.
Cheating, stealing, major dishonestly or lots of little lies
Why do people consider cheating the worst thing? I'm incredibly loyal and would never cheat,but I've been in bad relationships and would have preferred they cheated once rather than constantly lying, ignoring me, distancing themselves, hot & cold, gaslighting etc. I think constant bad or substandard treatment is worse than cheating
Original post by Anonymous
Why do people consider cheating the worst thing? I'm incredibly loyal and would never cheat,but I've been in bad relationships and would have preferred they cheated once rather than constantly lying, ignoring me, distancing themselves, hot & cold, gaslighting etc. I think constant bad or substandard treatment is worse than cheating

Cheating is the most common cause of a break-up. Its a violation a couple's love and causes emotional and trust issues.
Constant yelling or vicious allegations.
Secretly taking nude/partially nude photos or videos and showing sex video without consent.
Spiking food or drink with illegal substances or sedatives.
Putting the other person's health at risk by concealing an std and continuing to have sex.
Domestic terrorising; regular acts of aggression, coercion, thuggery, malice, insults, false imprisonment, gaslighting or verbal humiliation before witnesses.
Multiple incidents of intentional violence that don't involve self-defence or restraining an aggressive partner- includes more than one incident of retaliatory violence and any violent edge-play that involves injury or weapons.
Religious imposition, seizing control of the other person's earnings/inheritance, stealthing or rape.
Leaving an empty milk carton in the fridge
Original post by Anonymous

No idea.
I don't agree with the way that most unmarried people rush to automatically define 'cheating' as the heinous adultery of the unmarried, whether there have been any lies or not.

That said, I've also heard some married people define 'cheating' rather strangely too; in circumstances where there has been no sexual element present, no dishonesty or even a physical meeting.
For example, labelling a hardcore gamer spouse openly playing computer games with another person of the opposite biological sex as 'cheating' or a 'adulterous gaming'. :nah:
Reply 17
Cheating, abuse, wanting kids, serial liar, alcoholic (though I would give them a chance to get better) taking drugs(but give them a chance to get better) sadomasochism,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending