The Student Room Group

Clearing

Do you think there will be more places available in Clearing this year since apparently so many students are deferring their offers? Won’t the universities try to fill up empty spots?
Original post by vrbdx
Do you think there will be more places available in Clearing this year since apparently so many students are deferring their offers? Won’t the universities try to fill up empty spots?

Yes.
Lower international students as well.
Wont surprise me to see grades rising, but exam boards are meant to be controlling this.
I am not sure there will be loads more courses in clearing. I can see universities being more lenient with entry requirements and filling up spaces that way. Many universities will turn firm offers into unconditionals after the deadline. There will be fewer applicants needing to apply through clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Yes.
Lower international students as well.
Wont surprise me to see grades rising, but exam boards are meant to be controlling this.

That’s what I heard, so many international students are deferring and so I was wondering
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
I am not sure there will be loads more courses in clearing. I can see universities being more lenient with entry requirements and filling up spaces that way. Many universities will turn firm offers into unconditionals after the deadline. There will be fewer applicants needing to apply through clearing.

When’s the deadline?
Original post by vrbdx
When’s the deadline?

Your reply date is unique to you check Track to see your deadline.

Due to the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Government asked universities to stop making unconditional offers or amending existing offers until 4 May (1 May in Wales). This is because they’re worried you’ll feel pressured to accept these offers over others you might be better suited to.

Our advice to students who have received an unconditional offer is always to consider whether this is the right provider and course for you, before you make any decision. 

To support you, we will be giving all students more time to make decisions on their offers:

If you receive your last decision on or before 4 June 2020, your reply date is 18 June 2020 (except if you're using Extra to find a place).
If you receive your last decision on or before 13 July 2020, your reply date is 20 July 2020 (including Extra choices).

If you’ve been given an extension, we’ve emailed your new decision deadline to you. View the latest coronavirus updates.
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
Your reply date is unique to you check Track to see your deadline.

Due to the ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19), the Government asked universities to stop making unconditional offers or amending existing offers until 4 May (1 May in Wales). This is because they’re worried you’ll feel pressured to accept these offers over others you might be better suited to.

Our advice to students who have received an unconditional offer is always to consider whether this is the right provider and course for you, before you make any decision. 

To support you, we will be giving all students more time to make decisions on their offers:

If you receive your last decision on or before 4 June 2020, your reply date is 18 June 2020 (except if you're using Extra to find a place).
If you receive your last decision on or before 13 July 2020, your reply date is 20 July 2020 (including Extra choices).

If you’ve been given an extension, we’ve emailed your new decision deadline to you. View the latest coronavirus updates.

Thank you!
Original post by vrbdx
That’s what I heard, so many international students are deferring and so I was wondering

My hunch is more, although top unis will have enough its lower down where the gaps may open.
I am not party to the data though and as the government doesnt know whats happening next week its much harder to say what the situation will be in a several months. Wont surprise me if some unis are in serious trouble though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending