The Student Room Group

UBS Apprenticeship UK 2020

Has UBS cancelled all their apprenticeships except the HR one? I have been checking the website almost everyday and I went to their insight evening and now all the options have disappeared off the page!

Scroll to see replies

It says they are only offering one but if you click search jobs, it takes you to a portal. And there you can see 5 different roles. 2 IB's and the rest corporate or finance and HR. All for 2020
Has anyone completed their video interview for the UBS degree apprenticeship?
I've applied to the Asset Management degree apprenticeship, what has everyone else applied for within UBS?
Has anybody applied to more than one of the apprenticeships, thinking about applying for global markets, asset management and wealth management but don't know if this is a good idea.
Reply 6
Original post by Daniel822
Has anybody applied to more than one of the apprenticeships, thinking about applying for global markets, asset management and wealth management but don't know if this is a good idea.

No, that's not even allowed. Their application policy for the EMEA region is very clear, "You may only apply for one position in EMEA during an academic year."
what did you end up applying to?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AN0128
No, that's not even allowed. Their application policy for the EMEA region is very clear, "You may only apply for one position in EMEA during an academic year."
what did you end up applying to?

Decided to apply to global banking and did my video interview a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything since.
Reply 8
Decided to apply to global banking and did my video interview a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything since.

oh cool, I considered applying to global banking but decided against it. They said doing global banking could lead to junior salesperson or client service manager role and I didn't think that is the same thing as being an investment banker.
I guess they are waiting for the 2nd May deadline. How did yours go? mine was good. Do you have any idea how competitive UBS apprenticeships are? Somehow even though its the only bank I have come across that offers a degree apprenticeship (from a Russell group uni) in front office departments, UBS apprenticeship doesn't seem very well known.
Original post by AN0128
oh cool, I considered applying to global banking but decided against it. They said doing global banking could lead to junior salesperson or client service manager role and I didn't think that is the same thing as being an investment banker.
I guess they are waiting for the 2nd May deadline. How did yours go? mine was good. Do you have any idea how competitive UBS apprenticeships are? Somehow even though its the only bank I have come across that offers a degree apprenticeship (from a Russell group uni) in front office departments, UBS apprenticeship doesn't seem very well known.

Think my interview went well, I’d already done for a different apprenticeship with another bank so was much more prepared this time.
Not sure how competitive it is but I do feel it was a lot lesser known that lots of the other apprenticeships which I do think is a bit weird given how good it seems.
Reply 10
Think my interview went well, I’d already done for a different apprenticeship with another bank so was much more prepared this time.
Not sure how competitive it is but I do feel it was a lot lesser known that lots of the other apprenticeships which I do think is a bit weird given how good it seems.

that's good! What other apprenticeship did you apply to? Yeah I have also done quite a few video interviews- with GS, deloitte, Bank of england etc which definitely made this one easier.
Yeah I was shocked I didn't hear of it before. I have googled "banking/finance apprenticeships" so many times but never came across it until a couple of weeks ago. The JP morgan one is so popular (they offer the exact same qualifications) but it's only back or middle office roles unlike ubs so I would have thought UBS would be even more wildly popular. But at least that means there will be less competition for us which is definitely a good thing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AN0128
that's good! What other apprenticeship did you apply to? Yeah I have also done quite a few video interviews- with GS, deloitte, Bank of england etc which definitely made this one easier.
Yeah I was shocked I didn't hear of it before. I have googled "banking/finance apprenticeships" so many times but never came across it until a couple of weeks ago. The JP morgan one is so popular (they offer the exact same qualifications) but it's only back or middle office roles unlike ubs so I would have thought UBS would be even more wildly popular. But at least that means there will be less competition for us which is definitely a good thing

Applied to JP too but only found the UBS one more recently and that was only because I saw it mentioned in a different forum, it never came up in searches until I specifically tried to find it
Has anyone heard from UBS yet
Original post by Jaydee12
Has anyone heard from UBS yet

I completed my Vid Interview on May 1st and have just received an email today regarding my eligibility and qualifications i have received and am predicted to get. Has anyone else got this?
Original post by Evertonhead123
I completed my Vid Interview on May 1st and have just received an email today regarding my eligibility and qualifications i have received and am predicted to get. Has anyone else got this?

Yup, I wonder if they are waiting for everyone to do their video interview before giving updates.
(edited 3 years ago)
I got sent one after my interview asking about my gcse english and maths but havent heard anything else yet
Yup, I wonder if they are waiting for everyone to do their video interview before giving updates.

yeah but the deadline for vid interviews to be completed was may1st midnight so it shouldn't be too much longer should it?
Original post by Evertonhead123
yeah but the deadline for vid interviews to be completed was may1st midnight so it shouldn't be too much longer should it?

Thanks!! Have you applied for other apprenticeships?
Thanks!! Have you applied for other apprenticeships?

yee i am applied for santander bankinfg one and jp finance one but didnt get through at least i have more experience for this one though, what about you?
Reply 19
submitted my video interview on May 1 and got rejected today, surprised they reviewed it so quickly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending