The Student Room Group

UK's coronavirus death toll could have been prevented

Why the heck is the UK continuing to allow passenger travel into the country?

New Zealand has only had 20 deaths because they've closed their borders.

Thailand has only had 54 deaths because they've closed their borders.

Yet the UK continues to allow people from all over the world to flood in even though they've surpassed 28,000 deaths! Allow citizens to fly back, fine, but why continue to allow the world population to flow in?

My theory is because they're scared of being called racist by the Left. The Left are the biggest threat to our country's security and prosperity.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ah, yes. The ominous “left” that control every aspect of our government have been the sole reason for the country for not closing their borders. I sincerely hope that you’re aren’t trolling here.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Golang6
Why the heck is the UK continuing to allow passenger travel into the country?

Because you cant ban citizens from returning home.

New Zealand has only had 20 deaths because they've closed their borders.

1. Our borders are still very much open, flights are continuing to leave and arrive in AKL and CHCH.
2. The lock down has more to do with it than squeezing flights.

Yet the UK continues to allow people from all over the world to flood in even though they've surpassed 28,000 deaths! Allow citizens to fly back, fine, but why continue to allow the world population to flow in?

Do you have any idea what you're on about? No one is 'flooding' in.

My theory is because they're scared of being called racist by the Left. The Left are the biggest threat to our country's security and prosperity.

Your theory is rubbish.
Original post by Golang6
Do you work for CNN? New Zealand's borders are closed, and learn to read:

"Allow citizens to fly back, fine, but why continue to allow the world population to flow in?"

immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/border-closures-and-exceptions
"The New Zealand border is currently closed to almost all travellers to help stop the spread of COVID-19. "

They don’t work for CNN, even better they live in New Zealand
Reply 4
Original post by Napp
Because you cant ban citizens from returning home.

1. Our borders are still very much open, flights are continuing to leave and arrive in AKL and CHCH.
2. The lock down has more to do with it than squeezing flights.

Do you have any idea what you're on about? No one is 'flooding' in.

Your theory is rubbish.

"Allow citizens to fly back, fine, but why continue to allow the world population to flow in?"

"The New Zealand border is currently closed to almost all travellers to help stop the spread of COVID-19. "
Reply 5
Original post by Golang6

CNN? :s-smilie:
I am literally here right now, flights are coming and going.

Yes and then i pointed out that this is rubbish

Ergo the border is not fully closed. Flights are continuing to arrive and depart from the major international terminals.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Greywolftwo
They don’t work for CNN, even better they live in New Zealand

Great! I trust the NZ immigration website more though.
Reply 7
Original post by Golang6
Great! I trust the NZ immigration website more though.

Apparently you cant actually read whats on it though.
Original post by Golang6

The chief medical officer of the uk has already informed us that closing the border would not stop the spread of Covid-19. Take it as you wish (unless you plan to say that he has been forced to say that because of the left🙃). Furthermore, all travellers coming from the uk is already required to stay at home for two weeks to quarantine themselves.
Original post by peepeedd
The chief medical officer of the uk has already informed us that closing the border would not stop the spread of Covid-19. Take it as you wish (unless you plan to say that he has been forced to say that because of the left🙃). Furthermore, all travellers coming from the uk is already required to stay at home for two weeks to quarantine themselves.

Quite right, it would hardly to anything since there’s mass local transition
Reply 10
Original post by Golang6
It's only open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and residents with valid travel conditions. Go away troll

Nevertheless the border is thus open :smile: As any halfwit would be able to tell from looking at the AKL website.
Although i like how you politely dodged the fact the rest of your post is absolute garbage.
Especially given the best you can do is attempt to insult me :rofl:
Reply 11
Original post by Golang6
Who may travel to New Zealand without first seeking approval
"New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and residents with valid travel conditions (excluding people granted a resident visa outside New Zealand and who are travelling to New Zealand on that resident visa for the first time) may travel to and enter New Zealand."

You need to improve your trolling skills

I do like your inability to actually read the website, read the rather lengthy list of exceptions :lol: People are allowed across the border ergo it is not fully closed.
Reply 12
Original post by Napp
I do like your inability to actually read the website, read the rather lengthy list of exceptions :lol: People are allowed across the border ergo it is not fully closed.

The whole thread is about closing the border into the country except for citizens, which is what New Zealand and Thailand, the examples, have done. Please, only people with an IQ above 80 on this thread -.-
Reply 13
Original post by Golang6
The whole thread is about closing the border into the country except for citizens, which is what New Zealand and Thailand, the examples, have done. Please, only people with an IQ above 80 on this thread -.-

Your inability to read is troubling, nevermind the fact you've already admitted NZL is letting in non citizens :rofl:

At any rate im tired of banging my head against the wall trying to educate you.
Original post by Golang6
Who may travel to New Zealand without first seeking approval
"New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and residents with valid travel conditions (excluding people granted a resident visa outside New Zealand and who are travelling to New Zealand on that resident visa for the first time) may travel to and enter New Zealand."

You need to improve your trolling skills

Why are you fixated on New Zealand? The thread is about how the UK death’s toll could’ve been prevented? The chief medical officer has already said that closing the border down would not prevent the spread of COVID-19 and there are already restrictions on place to whom could enter the UK and that all travellers are required to quarantine themselves for two weeks.

If you plan to use New Zealand as an example why closing the border is effective, I’ll tell you it’s foolish. The US have already closed their border and look how that’s going with the death toll 😌. In addition, South Korea hasn’t closed their border down similar to the uk and they’ve managed to flatten the curve, proving that fighting the coronavirus without closing their border is possible.

Unless you could prove how the left is to blame without using vague words or how closing the border down will improve the situation, your words mean nothing.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15

Its rather amusing that these people honestly think shutting down travel will make a difference when there are already countless thousands of native cases :lol:
Original post by Napp
Its rather amusing that these people honestly think shutting down travel will make a difference when there are already countless thousands of native cases :lol:

Not to mention the US have already closed the border and their death toll isn’t looking good.😂😂
Original post by Golang6
I used New Zealand and Thailand as examples of how closing the border to non - citizens has been successful in preventing a high death rate from the virus. Unfortunately a (rather dim) troll distracted the discussion a bit

You assume that closing the border down was the sole reason for New Zealand’s success. It was their good healthcare, widespread testing and majority of the country following quarantine rules that proved to be reason. Again, you haven’t told or explained how closing the border down will improve the situation.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Napp

Do you also believe that if China closed it's borders completely as soon as the virus broke out in Wuhan, it still would have spread across the world like it has?

Your troll game is weak lol
Reply 19
You assume that closing the border down was the sole reason for New Zealand’s success. It was their good healthcare, widespread testing and majority of the country following quarantine rules that proved to be reason. Again, you haven’t told or explained how closing the border down will improve the situation.

Umm

If the UK closed it's borders to all travel in except for citizens when the virus broke out in Wuhan, and quarantined those citizens, how would the virus have spread from China into the UK...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending