The Student Room Group

Distance learning provider

Hello

So im a private candidate... as you all well know , the exam series for may/june were cancelled this year.

I've read most of the stuff that edexcel posted on their website along with the decision map.

My question right now is what exactly is a distance learning provider?

Basically I go to this learning institute where i get taught my private tutors , i also have other private tutors that teach me and i also have evidence that i could possibly use to get graded since im supposed to go to university this year.

My university made it clear that no grades= no university

so does having a tutor count as distance learning provider?
Which institute? How is it called?

A distance learning provider is an organisation that offers courses online. However, they can only submit a grade for you when they are also an approved centre.
(edited 3 years ago)
Its a private institute that give tuitions but theyre not an exam centre. the furthest they could do is provide evidence. is this enough or do i deff have to do my exams in oct/nov? also its not based in the UK
Original post by Anthony1912
Its a private institute that give tuitions but theyre not an exam centre. the furthest they could do is provide evidence. is this enough or do i deff have to do my exams in oct/nov? also its not based in the UK

Only exam centres can submit grades. Where did you intend to sit your exams? Has your exam centre refused to submit a grade?

Tutors and Exams are offering a transfer service for students who have been let down by another supplier and they are charging their standard fees. You would have to work with one of their tutors who would help you gather the evidence needed for grading. You would also have to sit a mock online.

http://www.tutorsandexams.uk

Hope this helps! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
I'm waiting on that info too!!!Its so frustrating bc I hate uncertainty so much especially when it comes to this so annoying ahah Im pretty sure tho I read somewhere that the government said that its likely that most external candidates will have to sit autumn exams. I thought that when they said most they meant those with i.e: online tutors wouldn't have to sit the autumn exams bc they'd be able to at least show evidence but they havent even specified that yet so im just revising still just in case. I think I also read somewhere that unis are willing to accomodate to the pandemic and could let ppl in during october time but im not sure.
Original post by lio_leo11
Only exam centres can submit grades. Where did you intend to sit your exams? Has your exam centre refused to submit a grade?

Tutors and Exams are offering a transfer service for students who have been let down by another supplier and they are charging their standard fees. You would have to work with one of their tutors who would help you gather the evidence needed for grading. You would also have to sit a mock online.

http://www.tutorsandexams.uk

Hope this helps! :smile:

Ohh that sucks.. Basically my centre is the british council.. They don't teach theyre just a centre where private candidates register at. Does the thing work internationally? would I have to take online classes with them? (wouldnt be a problem)

or do i just give them whatever evidence i have and i also sit an exam online and then theyll be able to give me a grade?

My centre is ignoring any emails I send regarding getting a grade.

and i also cant change centers because any other centre in this country belongs to a school and im not a school student so they wouldnt be willing to help me
Original post by nathalieadaugo
I'm waiting on that info too!!!Its so frustrating bc I hate uncertainty so much especially when it comes to this so annoying ahah Im pretty sure tho I read somewhere that the government said that its likely that most external candidates will have to sit autumn exams. I thought that when they said most they meant those with i.e: online tutors wouldn't have to sit the autumn exams bc they'd be able to at least show evidence but they havent even specified that yet so im just revising still just in case. I think I also read somewhere that unis are willing to accomodate to the pandemic and could let ppl in during october time but im not sure.

It's completely up to the centre to decide whether or not they will submit a grade for you. That's why students are now allowed to transfer to another centre if their centre refuses to submit a grade. There are some conditions if you are considering this, but it is definitely possible!
Ohh that sucks.. Basically my centre is the british council.. They don't teach theyre just a centre where private candidates register at. Does the thing work internationally? would I have to take online classes with them? (wouldnt be a problem)

or do i just give them whatever evidence i have and i also sit an exam online and then theyll be able to give me a grade?

My centre is ignoring any emails I send regarding getting a grade.

and i also cant change centers because any other centre in this country belongs to a school and im not a school student so they wouldnt be willing to help me

Are you with CAIE? I have heard about the issue with the British Council but I do not know much about it. I think the process is different for international students. I'm a private candidate too but I'm doing A levels in the UK.
Are you with CAIE? I have heard about the issue with the British Council but I do not know much about it. I think the process is different for international students. I'm a private candidate too but I'm doing A levels in the UK.

no , pearson edexcel.
You should raise the issue with Tutors and Exams, they will be able to tell you if you can transfer to their centre! Good luck :smile:
You should raise the issue with Tutors and Exams, they will be able to tell you if you can transfer to their centre! Good luck :smile:

is it only for students in the UK? because im international
is it only for students in the UK? because im international

They are working both with UK students (Ofqual) and international students (CAIE). It doesn't matter were you live, it's just about what type of A levels you are doing.

Maybe have a look here too:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6403340&page=189
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest