The Student Room Group

I have terrible social anxiety and want to stay in lockdown...

School makes me so unbelievably nervous and self-aware of myself, but being at home for so long has made me realise how comfortable I am in comparison to school. Just the thought of having to go back to school makes my heart slam in my chest honestly. And I haven't stayed in contact with any friends because I'm too nervous talking online, which sounds rly dumb but thats the truth
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
School makes me so unbelievably nervous and self-aware of myself, but being at home for so long has made me realise how comfortable I am in comparison to school. Just the thought of having to go back to school makes my heart slam in my chest honestly. And I haven't stayed in contact with any friends because I'm too nervous talking online, which sounds rly dumb but thats the truth

bump
Reply 2
I used to have social anxiety, too. But I finally overcame it
Which year of high school(university) are you in?
Do you have trouble making friends?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by shebk
Do you mind to tell if you are boy or girl? Which year of high school(university) are you in?

Hey, thanks for replying! :smile:
I'm a girl in year 12 and yeah, I only have 1 friend.
Get some meds.

How often do you talk to this friend?
What troubles do you have making friends.
Reply 6
Original post by AnonymousNoMore
Get some meds.

eh doesn't work for social anxiety
eh doesn't work for social anxiety

They really do. Have you ever tried them?
Original post by shebk
Do you mind to tell if you are boy or girl? Which year of high school(university) are you in?

How did you overcome it? I have social axniety, and want to change things but don't know how.
In all honestly I feel the same way. However we wont get very far in life if we stay at home in self isolation. I have found that as difficult as social anxiety disorder is, if you want things in life you have to go out and get them! You cant let anxiety stop you. I can guarantee that if and when you go to university you will gain more confidence and get better in social situations. I would highly recommend going to see a GP about your anxiety if it is affecting you on a daily basis. I wish I had sooner.
We cross each bridge in life when we come to it and you will find the courage to go back to school I promise you. As hard as the first day will be, it does get easier and it wont be as bad as you think.
Reply 10

Does your friend treat you well?
Do you study well?
Reply 11
How did you overcome it? I have social axniety, and want to change things but don't know how.

When I did my master degree and now work, I have to communicate with many mates. Though I have a little social anxiety now, it's much better
Are you boy or girl? Are you a highschool or university student?
Original post by shebk
When I did my master degree and now work, I have to communicate with many mates. Though I have a little social anxiety now, it's much better
Are you boy or girl? Are you a highschool or university student?

So would you say its practice that helped the most? I'm a girl, in sixthform yr13
Original post by shebk
Does your friend treat you well?
Do you study well?

Yeah for sure. If anything, I'm a bad friend to her (cause I'm always just overcome with anxiety, I can imagine it's pretty exhausting to be around pff)
And I don't study that well.. I guess studying at home helps, but I'm your classic procrastinating type.
Reply 14
So would you say its practice that helped the most? I'm a girl, in sixthform yr13

I think it's forcing myself to communicate with others that helps me most
Do u study well?
Hey
I am at university but I suffer from social anxiety too, and I only have 1 friend. Talking in forums like this really helps me cause it gets you used to interacting with people without having to be with them face to face. And I can tell you from experience that you are not a "bad" friend - if people leave you for your flaws, they weren't really true friends
Hope you're feeling better about things now :smile:
Smart person 😂😂

Original post by AnonymousNoMore
Get some meds.

Quick Reply

Latest