The Student Room Group

bank of england degree apprenticeship 2020

I couldn't find any tsr thread on BoE apprenticeships for this year so thought I will make one.
Has anyone received an invitation to a virtual AC yet? What degree apprenticeship did you apply to do and what division?
How is interview prep going?
Any idea how competitive the final stage is for BoE?
I have applied to the economics one.
Hi! I have applied to the economics apprenticeship too and got an email yesterday saying my AC is on 6th may. What about you?
I am super nervous, heard they ask really hard questions.
I’ve literally just got an AC invite for the Digital Tech Solutions pathway. Still need to schedule what day and time I want mine for. What kind of interview prep has anyone done? Well done phoenix and ano128 getting this far, I am sure that they are extremely competitive, especially with the stages before the AC. I’m nervous too, but need to start doing some examples and research:smile:
Hi guys,

I’m currently in the process of developing a website to help people practice interviews on their own (especially video interviews). I would love it if people who were prepping for interviews could try it and let me know what you think. It is still a v.early version so constructive feedback would be amazing!

Thanks! :smile:

https://interviewpreptool.herokuapp.com/

(p.s. it is desktop only for now, and safari seems to be playing up a little but all the other browsers should be fine)
Reply 4
Original post by hello3434
I’ve literally just got an AC invite for the Digital Tech Solutions pathway. Still need to schedule what day and time I want mine for. What kind of interview prep has anyone done? Well done phoenix and ano128 getting this far, I am sure that they are extremely competitive, especially with the stages before the AC. I’m nervous too, but need to start doing some examples and research:smile:

That's great! Well done.
But how is that even possible? I swear they send all AC invitations by 24 March because all their ACs run from 30 april to 6th may (this I know definitely because their HR team told me this during my AC). Also they assign you a date, you dont get to pick a date. Candidates only get to choose time.

I did economics A level so I already knew quite a lot about bank of England and what they do in detail.
Original post by AN0128
That's great! Well done.
But how is that even possible? I swear they send all AC invitations by 24 March because all their ACs run from 30 april to 6th may (this I know definitely because their HR team told me this during my AC). Also they assign you a date, you dont get to pick a date. Candidates only get to choose time.

I did economics A level so I already knew quite a lot about bank of England and what they do in detail.

Wishing I took economics now, having to become an overnight economist isn’t easy. Yeah I have my interview and group assessment tomorrow. Any tips for the AC for me? Don’t worry if not just doing a bit of studying and some practise interview answers.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Wishing I took economics now, having to become an overnight economist isn’t easy. Yeah I have my interview and group assessment tomorrow. Any tips for the AC for me? Don’t worry if not just doing a bit of studying and some practise interview answers.

Good luck! But you have applied to the digital tech solutions I am guessing your questions would be kind of different to mine. Surely they don't expect tech applicants to know all about economics cuz they do ask some technical questions- a couple of questions I would have never been able to answer if I didn't do economics.
My individual interview was 1hr 15 mins. The interviewer was super nice, the best one I have had so far. The group assessment lasted just over an hour and consisted of 2 group activities.
Original post by AN0128
Good luck! But you have applied to the digital tech solutions I am guessing your questions would be kind of different to mine. Surely they don't expect tech applicants to know all about economics cuz they do ask some technical questions- a couple of questions I would have never been able to answer if I didn't do economics.
My individual interview was 1hr 15 mins. The interviewer was super nice, the best one I have had so far. The group assessment lasted just over an hour and consisted of 2 group activities.

would you be willing to share some of the group activities with me so i know what to expect? private message or on here?:smile: but yeah i havent got much academic tech experience, should be good fun. sure yours went well though sounds like you know your stuff man
Reply 8
would you be willing to share some of the group activities with me so i know what to expect? private message or on here?:smile: but yeah i havent got much academic tech experience, should be good fun. sure yours went well though sounds like you know your stuff man

If you haven't got much tech experience then how come you applied to the tech one? You could have applied to the econ or data science one. It's much easier to learn economics quickly than learn computer science and coding quickly.
You probably had your interview by now. If so, how was it? How did it go? If you haven't done your interview yet let me know I will PM exactly what we did. Honestly though I don't think you can prepare for the group activities. The first part was really hard, I still have no clue how to solve it but the 2nd part was much easier (you don't need any technical knowledge for it) so I am sure you will do fine.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by AN0128
If you haven't got much tech experience then how come you applied to the tech one? You could have applied to the econ or data science one. It's much easier to learn economics quickly than learn computer science and coding quickly.
You probably had your interview by now. If so, how was it? How did it go? If you haven't done your interview yet let me know I will PM exactly what we did. Honestly though I don't think you can prepare for the group activities. The first part was really hard, I still have no clue how to solve it but the 2nd part was much easier (you don't need any technical knowledge for it) so I am sure you will do fine

yeah you’re right about the application, but i know i’m interested in it so that’s the only reason:smile: done both interview and group test now so just waiting, 2 other candidates were very good, and interviewers/assessors were nice too. 2-3 weeks waiting now, assuming the same for you. thank you for offering to give me some advice but yeah i know what you mean, difficult to prepare just have to be yourself. best of luck, i’ll post any updates i get on here :smile:
Reply 10
yeah you’re right about the application, but i know i’m interested in it so that’s the only reason:smile: done both interview and group test now so just waiting, 2 other candidates were very good, and interviewers/assessors were nice too. 2-3 weeks waiting now, assuming the same for you. thank you for offering to give me some advice but yeah i know what you mean, difficult to prepare just have to be yourself. best of luck, i’ll post any updates i get on here :smile:

Sorry I fell asleep so I wasn't able to reply to your message about asking for tips about group activity yesterday night.
My group activity was at around 2 pm. I am guessing you must have selected the morning 8am slot? Do you remember how many slots they were in a say- one was 8pm, another was 12pm, was there another slot?
How did your group activity and interview go?
They said they will get back to us 2 weeks after 6th may so on 20th May.
Can we discuss and compare our questions on private messaging? I am really interested to know whether we got asked the same questions.
(edited 3 years ago)
any applicants heard anything back from BoE from the assessment centre? nearly been 3 weeks now🤪
Reply 12
any applicants heard anything back from BoE from the assessment centre? nearly been 3 weeks now🤪

No, haven't heard anything. Wbu?
They said they will get back to us 2 weeks after 6th may but like you said it's been nearly 3 weeks.
Original post by AN0128
They said they will get back to us 2 weeks after 6th may but like you said it's been nearly 3 weeks.

no nothing either, they said it could take 3 weeks to me. understandably may take bit longer but want to hear the outcome and or any feedback :smile:
Original post by AN0128

could i pm you please?
Reply 15
Original post by Zaaaaaaaac
could i pm you please?

Sure!
sent you a message!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending