The Student Room Group

Employment Law

----
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah pretty much that's all that is said about X. In the scenario it says X had received complaints from other members of staff so he decided to investigate himself. Not sure whether it is important that staff went to him to complain, perhaps because he had been working there since 2013 meant he was trusted. Would the amount of years he's been there help him argue he is an employee? and the fact that other members of staff went to him to complain even though his contract says self-employed.
Oh wow thank you so much! I appreciate all the help you've given. I just also want to go back to something you said earlier about how this couldn't be whistleblowing? I was thinking that X would be able to make a claim in whistleblowing as the drug use could potentially be a crime and is a failure to comply with legal obligations (therefore, a protected disclosure).

However, his dismissal was not due to disclosure. it is due to a separate issue that occurred - a fight X and the employee who was taking drugs. Therefore, his claim in whistleblowing would fail for that reason?

but do you think it could be argued that the fight broke out because the grievance wasn't dealt with by the higher up ? is there a claim there ?
---

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending