The Student Room Group

Is Pedophilia A Sexual Orientation?

Let's get one thing clear: Homosexuality is not the same thing as Pedophilia, which is absolutely horrendous.

Gay marriages and prides are fine, in fact they're great, because if gives people a chance to be who they are without judgment. Pedophilia however, is immoral. So would you say that it's a Sexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No, it is not a sexulaity the people have the full capability to like people who can give consent so it is not a sexuality, calling it a sexulaity makes it seem like it's not a choice but unless they have mental condition which in that case they should seek help they do have a choice just give in to perverted desires due to a lack of morals and willpower,

This view is wrong read other people's posts later on in the thread to have a better and more accurate opinion
(edited 3 years ago)
ugh
pedophilia is just... wrong... it's nothing other than wrong.
I think I understand what you're saying - the sexuality is a mindset and an attraction however most sexualities are... well... safe and legal. pedophilia is most certainly illegal and has no right to be classed as a sexuality - it's a deep twisted mind frame that shouldn't be glorified/ made normal.
No, it's not a sexuality.
Reply 5
Original post by A-Conquer
pedophilia is just... wrong... it's nothing other than wrong.
I think I understand what you're saying - the sexuality is a mindset and an attraction however most sexualities are... well... safe and legal. pedophilia is most certainly illegal and has no right to be classed as a sexuality - it's a deep twisted mind frame that shouldn't be glorified/ made normal.

But I just feel that as this generation proceeds it will become legalised. I hope it never does though.
Paedophilia is to sexual orientations what cannibalism is to diets. Both wrong, both illegal, both revolting.
Original post by Anonymous
But I just feel that as this generation proceeds it will become legalised. I hope it never does though.

I'm pretty certain it wont become legal. law is law y'know? Theres a lotta people out there who thinks is a thing that should be legal but.... hell idk what's up with them. It doesnt take much to realise they're wrong and that a crime is a crime... Some people are just off in their own twisted world
Original post by Anonymous

Why on Earth would it ever become legalised?
Not a sexuality but i think in some cases it is a mental health condition. Although it is absolutely disgusting .. there are some paedophiles who never act on what they feel inside and hate themselves and their brains to the point they either kill themselves or turn themselves in to the police just on the basis of the thoughts they have had.
@Arthur__morgan the same person who posted ‘what is your opinion on paedophiles?’
Ok apart from the obvious reason that paedophilia isn't a valid sexuality because one party can't consent so it's inherently abusive and wrong, but also think about how:

A sexuality is one's sexual preference to a specific gender(s).

Paedophilia is more of an age "preference". That has nothing to do with your sexuality normally, people don't say "oh I'm boomersexual" because they're attracted to middle aged people do they?

Paedophilia is a paraphilia - a condition characterized by abnormal sexual desires, typically involving extreme or dangerous activities - just like necrophilia and bestiality.
Also why does the og post mention homosexuality lmao
feels kinda outta place for the topic?
Reply 13
Original post by remussjhj01
Why on Earth would it ever become legalised?

Well this century is full of warped minded people and so some of them could start a petition to legalise it. The law would inevitably change to make it so.
Original post by Racresmol
Paedophilia is to sexual orientations what cannibalism is to diets. Both wrong, both illegal, both revolting.

Cannibalism isn't actually illegal in the UK :h: just methods of acquiring the goods are and that's what the perpetrators are charged with, but off topic sorry, I agree with you entirely though
Oh btw, let's not forget also that paedophilia (as in attraction only) is a sad condition and a psychiatric disorder, but isn't a crime of itself - it only becomes criminal when it's materialised into action.
Reply 16

I mentioned homosexuality because unlike pedophilia that is actually a valid sexual orientation. I could have easily of mentioned heterosexuality, bisexuality or even something else.
Original post by Max1989
Cannibalism isn't actually illegal in the UK :h: just methods of acquiring the goods are and that's what the perpetrators are charged with, but off topic sorry, I agree with you entirely though

Lol great fun fact, I love how quirky English law is hahaha
Original post by Panda:D
Well this century is full of warped minded people and so some of them could start a petition to legalise it. The law would inevitably change to make it so.

I don't think it's so full of people so warp-minded that paedophilia would ever actually be legalised. People who genuinely believe there's nothing wrong with being a nonce are definitely in the minority.

It's actually an important distinction to make.

People who advocate for paedophilia being recognised as a legitimate sexuality often say that it's a sexuality just like homosexuality, and they try to shove paedophilia onto the LGBT acronym.

Likewise, hateful people who criticise homosexuality often compare it to things like paedophilia and incest, deeming it just as immoral; in fact some people believe all homosexuals are paedophiles.

Basically, crazy people on both sides of the spectrum like to link the two together to support their own disgusting narratives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending