The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Haven't heard from Manchester Metropolitan University about my Fine Art application?

I applied for the Fine Art course at Manchester School of Art (Manchester Metropolitan University) back in January before the deadline. I was invited to interview and was fortunate to get an interview on the 13th March. My friend also had an interview on the same day, for the same course. They said due to the Coronavirus, an answer whether we had been accepted into the course or not would take about 3 weeks. My friend heard back within this time, and unfortunately didn't get through. However, I haven't heard back yet, and it's been about 7 weeks now! My last name begins with B, and my friends begins with T and I also got called into the interview before them, so it's not looking like they working on an alphabetical structure, etc...
I can understand that the Coronavirus has impacted hugely, but it's also been two weeks since I emailed the admissions team about it. I'm just really anxious encase I've gotten lost in the system! Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Victoriartstudio
I applied for the Fine Art course at Manchester School of Art (Manchester Metropolitan University) back in January before the deadline. I was invited to interview and was fortunate to get an interview on the 13th March. My friend also had an interview on the same day, for the same course. They said due to the Coronavirus, an answer whether we had been accepted into the course or not would take about 3 weeks. My friend heard back within this time, and unfortunately didn't get through. However, I haven't heard back yet, and it's been about 7 weeks now! My last name begins with B, and my friends begins with T and I also got called into the interview before them, so it's not looking like they working on an alphabetical structure, etc...
I can understand that the Coronavirus has impacted hugely, but it's also been two weeks since I emailed the admissions team about it. I'm just really anxious encase I've gotten lost in the system! Is anyone else still waiting to hear back?

Just contact them by phone if you can or maybe facebook or twitter. Theres always a chance you havent been lost but are on the maybe pile.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by 999tigger
Just contact them by phone if you can or maybe facebook or twitter. Theres always a chance you havent been lost but are on the maybe pile.

I did phone them first, but the admissions team are only responding to emails, not phone calls, so guy couldn't as he wasn't admissions. :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)

Hello

I'm really sorry that you've not heard back about your application yet. The current COVID-19 outbreak is causing some delays at the University. The best thing to do is to email the Admissions Team ([email protected]) with all of your details (full name, date of birth, UCAS ID). Rest assured that they will respond to you when they can.

I hope this helps. Feel free to get back to me with anymore questions you might have. :smile:

Thanks

Sophie
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hello

I'm really sorry that you've not heard back about your application yet. The current COVID-19 outbreak is causing some delays at the University. The best thing to do is to email the Admissions Team ([email protected]) with all of your details (full name, date of birth, UCAS ID). Rest assured that they will respond to you when they can.

I hope this helps. Feel free to get back to me with anymore questions you might have. :smile:

Thanks

Sophie

Thank you for replying.
I have done this already, twice. I got an email back to say that due to covid it would take up to 5 working days, but it's been two weeks since I sent the first one. My emails also included the details they would need, such as full name and ucas ID.

I feel like if they are this delayed in responding back, then I feel as though my application just won't ever be answered, since in less than two weeks, the deadline for universities to get back to students about an offer, or not, will have passed.

Should I sent them a third email?
(edited 3 years ago)
Thank you for replying.
I have done this already, twice. I got an email back to say that due to covid it would take up to 5 working days, but it's been two weeks since I sent the first one. My emails also included the details they would need, such as full name and ucas ID.

I feel like if they are this delayed in responding back, then I feel as though my application just won't ever be answered, since in less than two weeks, the deadline for universities to get back to students about an offer, or not, will have passed.

I’ve applied at man met to do an art foundation and also haven't heard back yet. I emailed admissions last week and they said should hear back within the next couple of weeks which is frustrating as already waited 2 months now
Original post by anniegarnerr
I’ve applied at man met to do an art foundation and also haven't heard back yet. I emailed admissions last week and they said should hear back within the next couple of weeks which is frustrating as already waited 2 months now

It is frustrating. Even if I got an email to say I wasn't accepted, atleast then I wouldn't need to worry about it anymore :frown:
It is frustrating. Even if I got an email to say I wasn't accepted, atleast then I wouldn't need to worry about it anymore :frown:

Yeah agreed, just want to know so I can stop worrying about it
Thank you for replying.

Hi @Victoriartstudio :hello:,

Thanks for letting us know you have been in touch with the Admissions team a couple of times already. The COVID-19 situation has created an unprecedented amount of workload and we are currently working hard to respond to all our applicants.

I would advise to re-send a further follow-up email. As Sophie stated above, please rest assured all applications will be processed and all applicants will receive an outcome via UCAS Track.

If you have any further questions, just give us a shout :h:

Cheers,

Luca
Reply 9
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @Victoriartstudio :hello:,

Thanks for letting us know you have been in touch with the Admissions team a couple of times already. The COVID-19 situation has created an unprecedented amount of workload and we are currently working hard to respond to all our applicants.

I would advise to re-send a further follow-up email. As Sophie stated above, please rest assured all applications will be processed and all applicants will receive an outcome via UCAS Track.

If you have any further questions, just give us a shout :h:

Cheers,

Luca

Hi ,
This is the same for me as I haven’t recieved a reply to any of my phone or email queries, is there anyone we can speak to or email?
I have already tried sending follow emails and as my deadline is the 20th I have not recieved any further answer , any help would be much, much appreciated.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending