The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ToudaiJukenn
All of the questions in A-level maths (and FM) require no thought to solve. It's literally a memorisation test, except it's not because the solutions are so obvious you don't even need to remember how to do them.

What is the point in such an easy test? There should be harder questions to test the best candidates.

You may have a natural ability to do Mathematics. Others do not. I don’t take A-Level Mathematics, but I do take Physics. I agree with the fact that a lot of the questions repeat but have different wordings.

I’m assuming you want to go for a Maths degree?
Original post by 5hyl33n
You may have a natural ability to do Mathematics. Others do not. I don’t take A-Level Mathematics, but I do take Physics. I agree with the fact that a lot of the questions repeat but have different wordings.

I’m assuming you want to go for a Maths degree?

not necessarily

i'm not talented at all i just practiced more when i was younger
All of the questions in A-level maths (and FM) require no thought to solve. It's literally a memorisation test, except it's not because the solutions are so obvious you don't even need to remember how to do them.

What is the point in such an easy test? There should be harder questions to test the best candidates.

Its a personal opinion - a lot of people struggle with a level maths and that is fine. I personally don't find a-level maths too bad but I do find a level further maths more challenging.
speak for yourself lol i can't keep up
lol wait till a2 if your at as now

school has made us start proof early (year 2 content) im finding it extremely difficult lol
Original post by Reena Bansi
speak for yourself lol i can't keep up

just practice then

it's not about natural talent
Did you think GCSEs were easy? Because almost half the country can't get 5Cs inc' English and Maths for those!

A-level maths does have a very rate of good grades compared to other A-levels though that us true.
Original post by nexttime
Did you think GCSEs were easy? Because almost half the country can't get 5Cs inc' English and Maths for those!

A-level maths does have a very rate of good grades compared to other A-levels though that us true.

GCSE's are easy if you do a decent amount of work, the exams in themselves aren't actually hard
Bait? Majority of my class are below a C
Original post by etienne26
Bait? Majority of my class are below a C

This isn't bait i'm serious

like if you do some practice it isn't hard

if you're already okay at maths then you don't even need to practice
I found AS level content easy, however, the A2 Level content was quite a bit harder.

Are you in Year 12 or 13?

Which specification are you talking about? Which option did you take for Further Maths?
Original post by Treetop321
I found AS level content easy, however, the A2 Level content was quite a bit harder.

I'm in year 12 now but the integration stuff in A2 (which i'm guessing is what you found harder) is also easy because they only ask you to do easy integrals.
They should ask stuff like this one:
011+x2dx\int_0^1{\sqrt{1+x^2}dx}
Reply 15

If you are clever enough to find maths this easy then you should also be clever enough to realise that the vast majority of people find maths much much harder than you.
I'm in year 12 now but the integration stuff in A2 (which i'm guessing is what you found harder) is also easy because they only ask you to do easy integrals.

If you haven't actually done Year 13 yet, I don't think you can really comment about the difficulty of the entire maths A-Level.
Original post by Sir Cumference
If you are clever enough to find maths this easy then you should also be clever enough to realise that the vast majority of people find maths much much harder than you.

I'm not clever I just studied harder than others.
Reply 18

That's a further maths integral. If they were to include these kind of integrals in A Level maths then they would have to remove something else because there is a limit to the number of topics that can be included.
Original post by Treetop321
If you haven't actually done Year 13 yet, I don't think you can really comment about the difficulty of the entire maths A-Level.

Why not I know the entire A level spec, and I've seen the questions

Latest