The Student Room Group

CeMAP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mrpp
How did you find the simply academy Cemap 1 course? I'm thinking of doing the London one shortly

It is great, go for it!!
Reply 61
So.......i did go for it. In 6 weeks I have been on 2 courses (cemap 1 and cemap 2&3) and passed all my exams - cemap 3 being yesterday. I work in the building sector and done horrifically at school gcse's - basically what I'm saying is, if you put your mind to it and knuckle down for a few months......you can get the required results. Although the exams questions are harder than the mock papers I do feel that the papers helped.
Already registered for cerer exam and looking forward to getting stuck into it when the book arrives!
Reply 62
Hi guys could anyone help me with cemap course advice please
Reply 63
Original post by Worrieds
Hi guys could anyone help me with cemap course advice please

Possibly, what do you want to know?
Reply 64
Great thank you
So im considering doing my cemap and just wanted to ask how much maths are invovled in this course as this is an area which isnt my strongest 2nd is that ive seen various online options for this course and 1 of them has popped up on groupon for 99.00 ive been getting quoted around 450-600 mark so this is ridicously cheap however it is a non accredited company where as the more expensive ones are accredited what difference would you say that would make

Thanks
Firstly think this guy is over arrogant.I have passed cemap and will give you an honest un- d-wad assessment of how I found it if it helps anyone.I was a cheeky jack the lad at school, was always in the high level classes but left school it no qualifications as I thought pah studying is for geeks I don’t need that.Anyway, as my football dream of playing for Man U never transpired I was regretting playing the joker.Getting back to cemap.... you just need three things to pass that is all, discipline, focus, and determination.I didn’t have a clue to study it I read the book cover to cover and didn’t remember a thing. I wanted to quit so many times thinking this is boring but when you quit there’s no feeling of achievement in that.My advice would be, don’t listen to this clown on ‘If it takes you 18months you are a retard’ take as long as it takes you. If you do a topic a day or a top every two days, digest the info, take it in and move on then anyone can do this in 3-6 months the lot. Just take your time learning the content not just reading and skimming through. I made the mistake of thinking ‘ah il wing this and skim through it’ I passed cemap unit 1 and failed unit 2 by one mark. I realised I was focusing on trying to pass too much and not learning the actual content. Don’t do shortcuts people you will only cheat yourself trying to get into the industry just take your time learning it all. Trust me, when it all clicks together it will all be so easy to understand.So from a lad who left school with no qualifications to passing cemap in 3 months I can say it you definitely do not need A levels to pass this, you can take a month or two years it’s still the same qualification at the end of the day, oh and also don’t get wasting money on mock papers and all these fads, the questions in the exam are nothing like those. Once you know the content.... you’ll pass and trust me, my opinion, anyone could pass these exams. It’s just those three things you needDiscipline to keep reading and learning the mind numbing boring info until it sticksFocus to focus your time on being consistent to studying Determination to sacrifice the time and knowing you will pass this and achieve it.I hope this helps anyone being disheartened thinking they can’t pass these exams.
Stumbled on this old thread and felt the need to comment. I completely agree with LeeJames86 and well said!

It's not important how quickly you pass this course but the main thing is retaining the information as you will be applying it to your job on a regular basis. Don't worry if it takes you 6 months or 2 years. Stay focused and aslong as you're learning and retaining the info then you'll be fine.

If your using the standard LIBF PDF course they supply then you may find it difficult to follow along. I certainly had issues with it and struggled to grind it out simply due to the way that it's set. There are several online courses you can buy too but the main thing is to stay away from the eBay ones as they are rubbish.

Also practice the test exams online too as it will help give you an insight on how the exams will be and the types of questions that will be asked.

There are some really good websites for revision and test questions and personally I've used the following:

https://uacademy.co.uk/ - Great for up to date practice exams and I also purchased my course here as it's easier to follow than the pdfs
https://www.test-questions.com/ - This is great for quickly practising test questions but it seems that the content may not be up to date at the moment.

Good luck to anyone doing their CEMAP Qualification and don't be disheartened!
Reply 67
Original post by andylaaake
Hello

I am looking at starting the ceMAP - how hard is it really? I am not the best at taking stuff in and I know nothing about mortgages and finance but am determined. any advice would be great

Hey Andy,
Ive just come across one of your old replies and wanted to know if you did complete the CeMAP? And how did you find it?...or are you doing it now during this lockdown :tongue:
Reply 68
I wish I can meet person like you one day on my interview , the person who have a realistic point of view and giving chances to ordinary people .Respect
Reply 69
Original post by Niala98
Hey Andy,
Ive just come across one of your old repliCanes and wanted to know if you did complete the CeMAP? And how did you find it?...or are you doing it now during this lockdown :tongue:

Can't see you got a reply so thought I would answer. CeMAP isn't too bad. CeMAP 1 is definitely the worst one as it covers a wide variety of topics, but CeMAP 2/3 are entirely mortgage focused so easier in that way. Did you decide to give CeMAP a go in the end?
Reply 70
For anyone considering CeMAP then pay no attention to the suggestion of going back to college for A levels, that's not really good advice.If you want to brush up on general education then do some maths/ english GCSE or even go to college and do an Access course. None of these are really needed.Despite not needing good grades to study for CeMAP you must give it time and study hard as many on this thread have highlighted.I qualified as a Social Worker in 2017, but I'm now looking at CeMAP. Ironically I almost took the CeMAP when working for a bank in 2010, but it was not the right time. Whilst I was at the bank I had no formal education and was able enter CeMAP via my employer if i wanted too.Sorry for digging up an old thread too! :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by sands0309
Hi there I have read the post above by all you great guys thanks a lot for the info. I am from Mumbai (India)and did my masters in finance and taxation from Mumbai university. I have worked with the mortgage industry in India for 13 yrs. I will be immigrating to UK shortly. A friend of mine advised me to do additional qualification and the CeMap course really appealed me . I was working as a mortgage advisor (relationship officer) back in India with a reputable bank. Need some information as to
1) Which institute should I apply for this course
2) What are my chances of getting a job once I do this course considering I have relevant work experience but overseas
3) Is it necessary I need to complete levels 1, 2 & 3 before applying for any job.
4) Many sites advertise for home learning any genuine ones to be considered is it possible to clear the course only with the course material and reference papers
5) Is there a option of working in the mortgage industry and then opt for the course
6) What is the ideal duration of the course

Hi Sands0309, I am in a similar position like you were 7 years ago. I have around 7 years of experience working for a bank in india as a mortgage sales manager. i want to know did you get CeMap and if you did, would you advice it for me now?
Reply 72
Original post by jdaniels262
hi i am here for the first time to any social network site as i was looking for info on cemap 3 ive got cemap 1 an 2 a long time ago, I just looked at some of the messages on this site I was pleased to see the reply from spenhex as he would give some hope to those not so far along in cemap and life. I ran a very successful finance business for 20 yrs and never expected to need to take the exam as it was designed for those doing residential mortgages which i never did as my clients were millionaires investing in blocks of flats. however due to the last moment introduction of the 40% rule i was forced to take the exam.I left school with 5 cse`s and expected and wanted a life in catering i left after i reached 21 and been the youngest ass catering manager by about 30yrs at Fenwicks of bond st london 200 staff 5 catering outlets it was just common sense that i used nothing special just as always and know caring for people as individuals and doing what i could to help, freely.I am not good at exams and yet the cemap is not that difficult if you have an experienced broker to talk face to face with (not me) that knows the day to day stuff none of which is difficult and the exam is so limited in the questions that can be asked it means that if you get your hands on as many past papers/answers and study well the stuff from the ifa you can do it in about 60 to100 hrs for all 3 papers together unless its changed a lot paper 3 is a combination of 1and 2. just read all questions twise start at d and work to a eliminate the obvious and then read the choice of answers carefully as it is often the subtle diffrence that catchers you out. work through the paper very quickly the first go to get to see what you will deal with and then answer those you are very comfortable with then go back and answer those you are needing a little bit more time and if your taking more than 2 mins move on do the hardest last then last 5 mins of time just cover remaining with a good guess do if time last thing reread q and a but do not change unless you really are sure that first answer was wrong.last of all maths in mortgages is very simple straight calculations after a while you will be doing in your sleep. In the exam its the state benefits and pension knowledge and the clients supposed needs that need an experienced hand to explain in plain english what is truely needed. As far as help go to the current online trade mag sites and just become regular at reading them and play at looking for mortgages on line as people in different needs. good luck and enjoy life

Haha, you were lucky. Different world. You won't be allowed to be a security guard at any bank with that qualification now. We are a bit more meritocratic society now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending