The Student Room Group

A level English literature AQA B

Can someone please tell me what poems from Songs of Innocence and Experience (Blake) can link with The Kite Runner?
Well obviously kite runner is about oppression so poems like London and little boy lost and maybe Holy Thursday.
Also you could make religious links with many of the poems, the little vagabond would be a good one, you can talk about how organised religion isn’t comforting just like kite runner. Also, you can mention the hypocrisy of religion, how in kite runner the meanings of the words aren’t even important but they just have to follow. Poems like Holy Thursday and chimney sweeper are good comparisons. A good point would be to mention how Amir and Hassan actually take comfort in religion in their own way, like when Amir prays in the hospital and many other examples, but the actual organised religion just brings them suffering like in many of Blake’s poems.
Reply 2
Thank you! I struggle a lot with Hosseini and Blake at the moment and this was very helpful :smile:

Original post by Rebecca6065
Well obviously kite runner is about oppression so poems like London and little boy lost and maybe Holy Thursday.
Also you could make religious links with many of the poems, the little vagabond would be a good one, you can talk about how organised religion isn’t comforting just like kite runner. Also, you can mention the hypocrisy of religion, how in kite runner the meanings of the words aren’t even important but they just have to follow. Poems like Holy Thursday and chimney sweeper are good comparisons. A good point would be to mention how Amir and Hassan actually take comfort in religion in their own way, like when Amir prays in the hospital and many other examples, but the actual organised religion just brings them suffering like in many of Blake’s poems.
Original post by elena200317
Thank you! I struggle a lot with Hosseini and Blake at the moment and this was very helpful :smile:

You’re welcome! They are quite complex sometimes:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest