The Student Room Group

Short women hate me

I'm a 5'4 guy and I prefer women shorter than me, basically short women. But whenever I try to message them, they seem to unmatch with me. Some say i'm too short, it hurts hearing this. They said they go for taller guys than me, but I'm still taller than them though so its strange. A lot of them go for talll guys. Is there something wrong with my height? Is my height not good enough for women shorter than me? I didn't think some short women were that much picky about height. I don't really know.
Reply 1
People like that arent worth your time. I know plenty of girls who would date someone 5'4.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
People like that arent worth your time. I know plenty of girls who would date someone 5'4.

Bull**** haha, not many woman want to date men shorter than them let alone same height. I even have all these short women saying im too short, like what the ****?
lmao whats wrong with people
well people do have their preference
but im 5'3 and idc if youre the same height as me lmao
as long as your not shorter but i dont think they hate you
they just dont like short guys? but you're taller than them?
whatever boo, you'll find someone
just keep looking :heart:
Original post by BlackkQueen12
lmao whats wrong with people
well people do have their preference
but im 5'3 and idc if youre the same height as me lmao
as long as your not shorter but i dont think they hate you
they just dont like short guys? but you're taller than them?
whatever boo, you'll find someone
just keep looking :heart:

No thats not a preference, thats a requirement. If its a preference they would be open to all heights, but they are not.
Original post by PhantomLion55
No thats not a preference, thats a requirement. If its a preference they would be open to all heights, but they are not.

ok, that may be so
but dont give up
some people just look at physical qualities more than mental ones
personality is key

Sadly, most girls are like that but some girls dont really care about those things or you'll find a small person that finds 5"4 so tall or someone that is flexible in that area. It may take some time but it would feel amazing finding that person, especially after what you've gone through, and she will probably have good qualities since she wont be shallow enough to care about height.
According to an experiment done on tinder:

The top 80% of women only date the top 20% of men.
The bottom 80% of men go for the bottom 20% of women, due to being rejected by the top 80% of women.

A lot of men are in the same proverbial boat as you, maybe not for their height, but for other reasons.
Original post by Anonymous
According to an experiment done on tinder:

The top 80% of women only date the top 20% of men.
The bottom 80% of men go for the bottom 20% of women, due to being rejected by the top 80% of women.

A lot of men are in the same proverbial boat as you, maybe not for their height, but for other reasons.

This is one experiment, theres several others. Its true though. Women have the privilege of choosing through multiple men and go for the most attractive ones which are often tall, dark, and handsome which is the ideal type of man. It is what is
I’m literally 5” :smile:) as long as the person I date is taller than me it doesn’t matter what height they specifically are
Plus most of my male friends are 5”4-5”7 and they all have girls so I wouldn’t dwell too much <3
OP, the main problem is that you are online dating. Most girls prefer a man to be a few inches taller than them, say about head height. With online dating there are plenty of suitors for these girls to choose from, including men that fit the aforementioned preference. They have to weed out the people they talk to and your height is a stumbling block.

If you were to meet these girls in person, they would probably overlook your height, but with online dating they only really have your profile to go off of.
Unfortunately for you, it will be a while before you can meet girls in social spaces.
This is one experiment, theres several others. Its true though. Women have the privilege of choosing through multiple men and go for the most attractive ones which are often tall, dark, and handsome which is the ideal type of man. It is what is

I'm 6'5" and personally I did not date until I met my now wife at the age of 23. From the age of 10 onward I did attempt to attract the opposite sex but to no avail.

I wouldn't change a thing about my lack of dating life before the age of 23, in fact I may not have met the love of my life if I was swarmed with women.
Original post by MWills99
OP, the main problem is that you are online dating. Most girls prefer a man to be a few inches taller than them, say about head height. With online dating there are plenty of suitors for these girls to choose from, including men that fit the aforementioned preference. They have to weed out the people they talk to and your height is a stumbling block.

If you were to meet these girls in person, they would probably overlook your height, but with onlinYee dating they only really have your profile to go off of.
Unfortunately for you, it will be a while before you can meet girls in social spaces.

Yeah I kinda realized that, I think online dating is bad anyway.
a
Original post by Anonymous
I'm 6'5" and personally I did not date until I met my now wife at the age of 23. From the age of 10 onward I did attempt to attract the opposite sex but to no avail.

I wouldn't change a thing about my lack of dating life before the age of 23, in fact I may not have met the love of my life if I was swarmed with women.

Nice, yeah I get what you're saying. Sometimes the best things come with time and patience. I know it sounds stupid, but honestly being 6'0 and up is enough for women to like you on dating apps cause theres literally women that just want a guy 6'0 and up for weird reasons if the woman isn't tall herself.

Latest

Trending

Trending