The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2_versions
Well to start, you are very wrong there. Men like shorter women biologically, and many men choose to date shorter women. That's why taller women are disadvantaged naturally. Not because short women beat them to the game, because they were dealt a pair of genes that the male limbic system usually doesn't like. Nobodies fault.

“Naturally” lmao all based off stereotypes and patriarchy but okay
Reply 21
Original post by PhantomLion55
Depends, but generally, 6'0 and up usually in some countries. A little bit higher in others. Shes a tall woman, I don't see anything wrong with wanting a tall man if she's a tall woman. Most woman want a taller guy, its just that most men taller than her are probably tall guys but they often end up with short women so shes just frustrated that this happens.

Soooo... Basically shes jealous that boys are shallow? I think shes not seeing the real problem here.
Reply 22
Mate, I’m 5’2”. Every guy is tall to me.
Original post by Anonymous

Patriarchy... yes, because these men want these midget women so to overpower them and throw them over the shoulder as they beat their ape chests 🦍
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Soooo... Basically shes jealous that boys are shallow? I think shes not seeing the real problem here.

No, shes not saying that. Shes saying that some short women are shallow because they reject a good guy thats not tall and go after a guy that is so shes saying why would they reject the guy thats not tall if hes a good guy and why do they need to go after a tall guy when they aren't a tall woman themselves.
Original post by zhendoz
Patriarchy... yes, because these men want these midget women to overpower them and throw them over the shoulder as they beat their ape chests 🦍

No men are attracted to smaller women based on the idea that men are stronger and more in power as opposed to women. When a male is taller it can show they’re above women. It’s legit based on years of stereotypes that men don’t even realise they are giving into. They are just biologically more attracted to ****ing shorter women
Arent**
Well to start, you are very wrong there. Men like shorter women biologically, and many men choose to date shorter women. That's why taller women are disadvantaged naturally. Not because short women beat them to the game, because they were dealt a pair of genes that the male limbic system usually doesn't like. Nobodies fault.

I don't really know what the **** you're saying. Tall women are still shorter than tall men.Most men aren't tall, but still taller than most women. Taller women aren't tall to most men. Do you know whats actually tall? I already said tall is 6'0 and up. A tall women is basically the same height as most men so most men might not be interested, but shes still shorter than tall men which fits your explanation here.

could you explain that? It seems like a terrible explanation to me. I am basing it off many researches into the mammalian limbic system and the responses to certain stimuli. Stereotypes are sometimes true if it's based on science lmaooo. Same as how "people from university get higher pay"... thats a stereotype but also a very accurate one. The post-modernist idea of the "patriarchy" also falls flat when you are on the side that "women are stealing the men from other women". That is called a matriarchy. Stop following crowds about this whole patriarchy idea for gods sake, and actually explain things.
Reply 29
wow I feel heavily attacked
Original post by zhendoz
Patriarchy... yes, because these men want these midget women to overpower them and throw them over the shoulder as they beat their ape chests 🦍

:colondollar:
:colondollar:

:rofl:
could you explain that? It seems like a terrible explanation to me. I am basing it off many researches into the mammalian limbic system and the responses to certain stimuli. Stereotypes are sometimes true if it's based on science lmaooo. Same as how "people from university get higher pay"... thats a stereotype but also a very accurate one. The post-modernist idea of the "patriarchy" also falls flat when you are on the side that "women are stealing the men from other women". That is called a matriarchy. Stop following crowds about this whole patriarchy idea for gods sake, and actually explain things.

Here’s my explanation and view on the topic. Firstly I’m not just following the crowd on patriarchy as it’s all coming from my own knowledge on the subject.

I’m saying that it’s not biological that men are attracted to women who are smaller it’s based on stereotypes. Even though in western society there is a lot more equality between the sexes in comparison to past years it doesn’t mean there is equality.

For many years men dominated women. They were seen as stronger, in control, above women and that they owned women. Therefore having a shorter women was more of a thing men were attracted to as if a women is shorten then them they are towering over them. They are above them in a sense and see themselves as stronger.

It’s okay if u don’t agree with my opinion but that’s my opinion on the subject and that it isn’t simply just biology
Original post by Bexjw
Mate, I’m 5’2”. Every guy is tall to me.

Its relative, I mean you might think every guy is tall to you, but often times when short women go after tall guys they literally go after tall guys, not average or a little above average, actually tall.
Here’s my explanation and view on the topic. Firstly I’m not just following the crowd on patriarchy as it’s all coming from my own knowledge on the subject.

I’m saying that it’s not biological that men are attracted to women who are smaller it’s based on stereotypes. Even though in western society there is a lot more equality between the sexes in comparison to past years it doesn’t mean there is equality.

For many years men dominated women. They were seen as stronger, in control, above women and that they owned women. Therefore having a shorter women was more of a thing men were attracted to as if a women is shorten then them they are towering over them. They are above them in a sense and see themselves as stronger.

It’s okay if u don’t agree with my opinion but that’s my opinion on the subject and that it isn’t simply just biology

How are we using the patriarchy here? Is it one massive male domination over society or a small domination over this subject?

If a man likes shorter women, this drives his limbic systems instincts to protect, to provide and other primal desires. This is something we evolved way before humanity and culture even existed. Also these stereotypes you mention, they would have to have been fairly recent to still impact people in todays society. Do young teenagers who prefer shorter women have imbued urges to dominate rooting from a dysfunctional family structure from the 50's? What about Scandinavian countries. They apparently still care about height (the women more so than men) despite the equality of genders. Does this not show biological value? If women like taller men, is this not a point towards the matriarchy or is it a desire to be dominated.... could you not say a desire to be dominated is biological?

The UK is also pretty equal in terms of genders, most western countries are. Men and women arent meant to be the same biologically. One naturally has a desire to protect, dominate, kill (hunting) and sleep with multiple partners while the other shows desire to be dominated, prepare food (which is shown in tribes such as nez perce, kalapuya, sioux and eastern woodlands tribes) and have only a few children in their lifetime. Not to mention the fact that we have brain scans indicating responses to stimuli such as images of certain women and activities. These took place in the limbic system, the mammalian part of the brain that is very unlikely to be influenced by a stereotype.
As someone who's 6'5" and married. If when I was single I found out that you only liked me because of my height, or only dated me because of my height, I would politely punt your little garden gnome bodies into the great beyond without hesitation.
Bruh I ain’t gonna find a 4”10 guy that’s my height and that has decent qualities. But seriously, if a guy wants to be with a short girl, let him be - it’s not her fault the guy’s tall. Tall girls have equal chances with a short girl - it’s a matter of preference. Some guys dont meet a girl’s criteria like personality and etc so that limits it down and it’s going to be harder to find someone they like and be near the same height. It’s obvious they go for a taller man since it’s hard to find someone the same height and you got to be flexible with your options. I understand what you mean with those that have strict requirements like you must be this tall to date me and etc but that’s a very few minority’s of short girls. If you want a tall guy, try to get him yourself rather than blame a short girl since who he decides to be is up to him.
(edited 3 years ago)
As someone who's 6'5" and married. If when I was single I found out that you only liked me because of my height, or only dated me because of my height, I would politely punt your little garden gnome bodies into the great beyond without hesitation.

I love this comment 😂 I’m absolutely creased but I totally agree haha that would suck if that happened haha
Reply 38
To all you short girls out there just stop going for the tall guys because us tall girls need them. Go after the short guys that are your height.

smaller girls do not care about you and are not going to alter their dating patterns to accommodate your preferences.

people are very selfish when it comes to dating and care only about fulfilling their own desires not the desire of some random person on the internet.

No offence, but I don’t think any girl would want your lanky ass body just for your height. You tall guys adore your height more than anyone else imo.

Latest

Trending

Trending