The Student Room Group

Bisexual Female applying to university AMA

Hey guys ^_^

EDIT: I am not going to respond if you are being homophobic
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How are you?
Is it unusual for bisexual females to apply for university?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by LovelyMrFox
How are you?

I am good thank you ^_^

Sorry for the late reply x
Reply 4
Original post by glassalice
Is it unusual for bisexual females to apply for university?

Depends on the environment, some LGBT+ people use university as a fresh start if they have deal with discrimination growing up whereas others see in as a opportunity to find others through societies etc. Personally, I was part of the 'gay cliche' in secondary school where all of my friends were the few out LGBT kids. I tried dating one of my friends but it was ridiculously awkward lol. We split but remained close friends. I hope University will give me a chance to meet lots of people, some of who to experiment with to see what I like x
Original post by teaisbae
Depends on the environment, some LGBT+ people use university as a fresh start if they have deal with discrimination growing up whereas others see in as a opportunity to find others through societies etc. Personally, I was part of the 'gay cliche' in secondary school where all of my friends were the few out LGBT kids. I tried dating one of my friends but it was ridiculously awkward lol. We split but remained close friends. I hope University will give me a chance to meet lots of people, some of who to experiment with to see what I like x

Do you experience more discrimination than say a lesbian?
By discrimination do you mean an odd mean comment? How often is physical violence or threat of involve?
If you where dating a male would you find it necessary to tell you where BI?
Favourite tea?
Reply 7
Do you experience more discrimination than say a lesbian?
By discrimination do you mean an odd mean comment? How often is physical violence or threat of involve?
If you where dating a male would you find it necessary to tell you where BI?

1) I am lucky to have a very accepting friends and family however I have had friends who have been through some bad experiences with homophobia (e.g. conversion therapy, threats, violence). It really depends on one's situation over sexuality. One of my closest friends was a closeted homophobe because of what her religion taught her, she was never outwardly insulting towards me however did have discussions with another person about how 'gays are sinners' etc. when I wasn't there. We don't talk anymore, she never gave me reason, she just started avoiding me.

2) See above. I have dealt with some odd comments but not the worst bullying I have been through. My friends have been through a lot worse: violence is not something I commonly heard about but there have been several incidents (e.g. having rocks thrown or property destroyed).

3) Yes, I tend to be very open about my sexuality unless I know that the person is homophobic, then I usually stop talking to them. If they can't accept me for who I am, then I don't want anything to do with them. The stereotype of being more likely to cheat is *******s I'd add.
Reply 8
Original post by Rupert2020
Favourite tea?

Hello ^_^

Honestly, I'll drink any tea but my favourite would probably be PG Tips or Breakfast.
Out of pure interest, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, are you subject to homophobia often or do you feel that people are becoming more accepting?
Favourite Ben& Jerries???
Reply 11
Original post by A giant chicken
Out of pure interest, and you don't have to answer this if you don't want to, are you subject to homophobia often or do you feel that people are becoming more accepting?

Not really. As I said in another post, I was very lucky to have a very accepting family and friends. I have dealt with it before but not for a long time.
In terms of society's standards, I'd generally say yes however the 'woke or broke' trend makes me very worried about how tokenism could lead to the stigma having a resurgence.
Reply 12
Favourite Ben& Jerries???

Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Yasssssssss
Are you from the UK? When did you realise you were bi?
Reply 15
Original post by YaliaV
Are you from the UK? When did you realise you were bi?

1) Yes. I am from England.

2) When I was around 13, I had vivid dreams about doing dirty things with this other girl at school. I looked it up and found out about the term. The rest is history lol
Hello ^_^

Honestly, I'll drink any tea but my favourite would probably be PG Tips or Breakfast.

Ooh she’s a keeper!
Cookie Dough

Hello ^_^

😱 so you like my favourite kind of tea and Ben&Jerries?
Reply 18
Original post by Rupert2020
😱 so you like my favourite kind of tea and Ben&Jerries?

omg that is amazing lol
Hey guys ^_^

EDIT: I am not going to respond if you are being homophobic

People criticising you doesn't automatically equal homophobia. Maybe they just don't like something about you as a person and it's nothing to do with your sexuality.

Quick Reply

Latest