The Student Room Group

CyberStart Game 2020 - L3C5

has anyone done L3C5 - Corrupted? I’ve been on it for a good 10-20 mins, call me dumb if its easy but i can’t work it out😅 help much appreciated! x

Scroll to see replies

You need to go to the last line of the source code(right-click), and there is a spelling mistake. You need to fix that. I'm stuck on l3c2, can you help?
Reply 2
Original post by TeenyChef
You need to go to the last line of the source code(right-click), and there is a spelling mistake. You need to fix that. I'm stuck on l3c2, can you help?

ahh great thankyou!

L3C2 is way simpler than you’d expect - it says you need a password with a number and a capital letter, so just change the original password to have a capital letter and a number! go with the most obvious combination.
Reply 3

also, have you done l3c7?
Yes, I believe so.
Reply 5
do you know how you do it? i skipped past it but its bothering me that i havent completed it!
Reply 6
Original post by lyalucy
do you know how you do it? i skipped past it but its bothering me that i havent completed it!

You re-arrange the columns until it spells out words. The flag is the name of the city which is about halfway through the text. It helps if you look at the very first line and try to make a word, then consider how the message would continue. (message reads left-right on each line)

Do you know how to do L3C4 or 11?
(edited 3 years ago)
I can do 3.
Reply 8
Original post by ChaWor16

(Original post by ChaWor16)You re-arrange the columns until it spells out words. The flag is the name of the city which is about halfway through the text. It helps if you look at the very first line and try to make a word, then consider how the message would continue. (message reads left-right on each line)

Do you know how to do L3C4 or 11?

ah no i got that one, sent the wrong one by mistake - i meant challenge 7.

challenge 4 - you just need to type in ‘python passgen.py’ to run the code in python.

challenge 11 - they’ve just reversed the message, read it backwards!
Reply 9
Original post by lyalucy
ah no i got that one, sent the wrong one by mistake - i meant challenge 7.

challenge 4 - you just need to type in ‘python passgen.py’ to run the code in python.

challenge 11 - they’ve just reversed the message, read it backwards!

I think you may have got the challenges mixed up - challenge 11 is the one with 2 numbers, challenge 12 is the backwards message.
I've only just started on CyberStart Game and haven't even looked at levels 4+ yet on HQ but if you need any help on any levels just ask.
Reply 10
I think you may have got the challenges mixed up - challenge 11 is the one with 2 numbers, challenge 12 is the backwards message.
I've only just started on CyberStart Game and haven't even looked at levels 4+ yet on HQ but if you need any help on any levels just ask.

Oh, I'm not sure then - in that case, C11 is acting as a dice - just keep refreshing the page until you get 2 numbers the same! This one threw me for a while, i was trying to make it way more complicated than it had to be, editing the source code and all.
Original post by lyalucy
Oh, I'm not sure then - in that case, C11 is acting as a dice - just keep refreshing the page until you get 2 numbers the same! This one threw me for a while, i was trying to make it way more complicated than it had to be, editing the source code and all.

Thanks! :smile:
I was over complicating it as well - looking at source code and inspecting the page
Reply 12
Original post by lyalucy

That makes sense

I don't understand what the spelling mistake is am i blind ???
Original post by cyberstudent99

also can anyone give a hint for l3c9 the bank transfer??

Oh wait i got it :smile: sorry and thanks but have you guys done l3 c9?
L3C9: Change the parameters in the web address
L3C9: Change the parameters in the web address

I went to the source code and changed all the details - but it didnt work
What do you mean by change the parameteerws ??
I went to the source code and changed all the details - but it didnt work
What do you mean by change the parameteerws ??

Don't go to the source code - go to the link on the top of the "Global Bank" page and change it to "amount=500&from=cpaone&to=cpatwo" after the "transfer?" part of the link. I just can't figure out L3C5 though, nothing I do works with that one :/
Reply 19
for L3C5 check the source code instead
@martine_22

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending