The Student Room Group

Cass Business School MSc Management

Should I turn down the offer of Cass Business School MSc Management as I am unable to pay the deposit before the deadline and due to COVID 19 situation?

Can I still get accepted if I apply to Cass Business School for the next intake 2021, even if I reject the offer now of Cass Business School for MSc Management? I will be applying to Warwick and Manchester as well side by side while applying to Cass Business School for 2021 intake. What should I do?
Hi There,
So i would advisse you to contact them regarding an extension of the deadline as most universities are accommodating this request at the moment. Im sure Cass would do too.

Also what u can do is ask them if you can defer your admission to next year and pay the deposit for it as things start to stabilise. But, if that isn't possible, don't worry about it. Just send in am email stating your issue and apply for next year. Your application for 2021 would not be rejected for a reason that you did not accept your offer in 2020. However, keep in mind, that the number of applications coming in next year would be much higher than this year making it more competitive just not for Cass but any business school for that matter.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
/

Original post by heythereitsmee
Hi There,
So i would advisse you to contact them regarding an extension of the deadline as most universities are accommodating this request at the moment. Im sure Cass would do too.

Also what u can do is ask them if you can defer your admission to next year and pay the deposit for it as things start to stabilise. But, if that isn't possible, don't worry about it. Just send in am email stating your issue and apply for next year. Your application for 2021 would not be rejected for a reason that you did not accept your offer in 2020. However, keep in mind, that the number of applications coming in next year would be much higher than this year making it more competitive just not for Cass but any business school for that matter.

Hope this helps :smile:

Hey.

Thanks for your response.

I asked them regarding the extension for paying the deposit, but they told me that they are unable to give me an extension as MSc Management at Cass competitive. :frown:

Can you also please tell me how good is MSc Management at Cass Business School?
Original post by Omkark75
/

Hey.

Thanks for your response.

I asked them regarding the extension for paying the deposit, but they told me that they are unable to give me an extension as MSc Management at Cass competitive. :frown:

Can you also please tell me how good is MSc Management at Cass Business School?

Define competitive, it's about the 6th best MSc in London. It's not better than Imperial, King's, UCL, London Business school, LSE...

But that doesn't mean it's even 6th best in the country... Warwick, Manchester, Leeds.... Scottish Uni's, Edinburgh, St. Andrews.

It's not that competitive. I would say the uni I'm going to in the Netherlands is far superior especially when you look at City's very lacklustre overall global ranking (350ish), University of Groningen...(73 globally)...and it's only the 3-4th best dutch uni. If they aren't willing to give you an extension I would highly suggest thinking about spending your money elsewhere and not worry. Plently of good uni's on that level.

I don't know what perception they're giving you but cass business school is not an end all be all uni by any means.
Reply 4
Original post by Omkark75
Should I turn down the offer of Cass Business School MSc Management as I am unable to pay the deposit before the deadline and due to COVID 19 situation?

Can I still get accepted if I apply to Cass Business School for the next intake 2021, even if I reject the offer now of Cass Business School for MSc Management? I will be applying to Warwick and Manchester as well side by side while applying to Cass Business School for 2021 intake. What should I do?

So You could ask them to extend the deadline by which u have to make the initial deposit. I've also accepted an offer where I have to make a deposit of 1,000 pounds and I have asked them to extend it till June end. Also there are some clauses which the Universities mention where they will refund you the deposit payed:

Deposit Refunds
The deposit is normally non-refundable and will only be refunded if you:
are refused a visa by UKVI as a result of a University error
fail to meet the academic condition of your offer
fail to meet the English language condition of your offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending