The Student Room Group

Circumcision

I got referred to the urologist around November/ december last year and they said i should get a circumcision due to phimosis. Has anyone had this operation due to phimosis and had a sucessful outcome? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I got referred to the urologist around November/ december last year and they said i should get a circumcision due to phimosis. Has anyone had this operation due to phimosis and had a sucessful outcome? Thanks

Hi there. I haven’t had phimosis as I was circumcised as a baby, but I can tell you that circumcision will immediately sort out your phimosis. I had a second circumcision when I was 20 for aesthetic reasons. I had local anaesthetic which didn’t hurt that much and recovery was painless and fairly quick. Some people do have some pain during recovery but it should be bearable! Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by 135Peter
Hi there. I haven’t had phimosis as I was circumcised as a baby, but I can tell you that circumcision will immediately sort out your phimosis. I had a second circumcision when I was 20 for aesthetic reasons. I had local anaesthetic which didn’t hurt that much and recovery was painless and fairly quick. Some people do have some pain during recovery but it should be bearable! Good luck.

Thank you for your reply. I guess im nervous to get it done but also ill be glad when its over but the waiting list was a long time so i think ive still got a bit of time until i get it done. What type of cut did you get?
Thank you for your reply. I guess im nervous to get it done but also ill be glad when its over but the waiting list was a long time so i think ive still got a bit of time until i get it done. What type of cut did you get?

Nerves are totally understandable. But the procedure is really not too bad. Waiting lists will be long at the moment, especially with all this Coronavirus business. A private circumciser would probably be able to book you in sooner and you would have more control of desired style, but obviously that would cost you. My circumcision is fairly high and extremely tight with the frenulum removed.
Reply 4
Nerves are totally understandable. But the procedure is really not too bad. Waiting lists will be long at the moment, especially with all this Coronavirus business. A private circumciser would probably be able to book you in sooner and you would have more control of desired style, but obviously that would cost you. My circumcision is fairly high and extremely tight with the frenulum removed.

Im thinking about having it done private. Do you know how quickly i could get that done? Thanks
Im thinking about having it done private. Do you know how quickly i could get that done? Thanks

You would need to contact them and find out. Normally I would say pretty quickly (like a few days). But with Coronavirus I’m not so sure. Two friends elected to get circumcised last year and they both went to Dr Khan who is based in London and Luton. He is very highly regarded. Their circumcisions look superb and they are delighted with the results. They managed to book in with only a week or two’s notice.
Reply 6
You would need to contact them and find out. Normally I would say pretty quickly (like a few days). But with Coronavirus I’m not so sure. Two friends elected to get circumcised last year and they both went to Dr Khan who is based in London and Luton. He is very highly regarded. Their circumcisions look superb and they are delighted with the results. They managed to book in with only a week or two’s notice.

I contacted like 1 hour ago and hopefully i can sort one out soon however i wont be able to go London or Luton as i live far away. Ill probably go to one thats nearby.
I contacted like 1 hour ago and hopefully i can sort one out soon however i wont be able to go London or Luton as i live far away. Ill probably go to one thats nearby.

Ok cool. Do your research. You won’t want to end up with a style you don’t want! And make sure the person has good reviews. I am in contact with a man who has a list of circumcisers around the country (and indeed the world). If you say what rough area you are in I can ask him if he knows of anyone near you. Message me if you prefer.
Reply 8
Ok cool. Do your research. You won’t want to end up with a style you don’t want! And make sure the person has good reviews. I am in contact with a man who has a list of circumcisers around the country (and indeed the world). If you say what rough area you are in I can ask him if he knows of anyone near you. Message me if you prefer.

Yea i will make sure the reviews are good and i will make sure i get a style i like. Do you recommend getting circumcised very tightly?
Yea i will make sure the reviews are good and i will make sure i get a style i like. Do you recommend getting circumcised very tightly?

Well I like being circumcised very tightly and so do our sons. I find it very comfortable, excellent for sex and I think it looks better. But that’s a personal opinion of course.
Being circumcised looks awesome man and is so much easier to clean. Do it and be proud :u:
Well I like being circumcised very tightly and so do our sons. I find it very comfortable, excellent for dsex and I think it looks better. But that’s a personal opinion of course.

Do you think by going private i could get it done in around 1 or 2 months ?
Do you think by going private i could get it done in around 1 or 2 months ?

Normally I would say yes - I was able to book our sons in within a fortnight. It could be that Coronavirus is slowing everything down of course.
Normally I would say yes - I was able to book our sons in within a fortnight. It could be that Coronavirus is slowing everything down of course.

Ok thank you
Ok thank you

But as I said earlier, do speak to them beforehand about the style you want. May I ask if you know what style you want?
But as I said earlier, do speak to them beforehand about the style you want. May I ask if you know what style you want?

Im not sure yet but im thinking of getting it done tightly
Im not sure yet but im thinking of getting it done tightly

Cool. I love being circumcised tightly and so do our sons. If you are a grower then don’t have it too tight or your penis could be drawn into your body when erect and appear smaller. Think about high/low as well. High maintains the sensitive inner skin but leaves a scar high on the shaft. I’m moderately high. The boys are very high.
Cool. I love being circumcised tightly and so do our sons. If you are a grower then don’t have it too tight or your penis could be drawn into your body when erect and appear smaller. Think about high/low as well. High maintains the sensitive inner skin but leaves a scar high on the shaft. I’m moderately high. The boys are very high.

Okay i am a grower so i shouldnt get it to tight?
Okay i am a grower so i shouldnt get it to tight?

You can get it so it’s very tight when erect. But if you get it so it’s very tight when flaccid there won’t be enough skin to cover your erect penis and your penis might get pulled into your body. This would mean that your erect penis might end up looking the same length as your flaccid penis. It might also be uncomfortable. I would measure your penis when both erect and flaccid. Give the measurements to your circumciser and discuss it with him/her.
You can get it so it’s very tight when erect. But if you get it so it’s very tight when flaccid there won’t be enough skin to cover your erect penis and your penis might get pulled into your body. This would mean that your erect penis might end up looking the same length as your flaccid penis. It might also be uncomfortable. I would measure your penis when both erect and flaccid. Give the measurements to your circumciser and discuss it with him/her.

Yea i get you i might try more of a loose cut, im not really sure yet i dont want to get it that tight and then i dont have enough foreskin go get to my erect length

Quick Reply

Latest