The Student Room Group

Public transport quiz- tsr pub quizzes

Hello everyone :hello:

It's time for another TSR pub quiz:
Today's topic: public transport :train:

Start time of around 7:30 this evening ( 11th of may) on this thread.

Questions will be multiple choice, I'll probably do 10 questions and they will include some general knowledge questions which will vary in difficulty, and so long as I can get the images to work some picture based rounds. Questions will be based on national and light rail and metros, with one or two bus and tram questions thrown in too.

An example question:
What is the name of the London underground line that appears as yellow on the tube map?
a. circle
b. bakerloo
c. central
d. Victoria

you will then reply with your answer. like so:
a. circle

The first question will be posted at around 7:30 and I will quote everyone in the sign up list, and then everyone who replies to that question will be quoted in the next one and so on.....

Also please don't delete or edit your answers as due to some magical powers I'll still be able to see them :wizard:

for every correct answer you get 1 point, first person to answer will get 2, all scores and answers will be revealed at the end. Questions will be posted at roughly 5 minute intervals, if a new question has been posted please don't post a previous one as it won't count.

Any questions or something I've missed or not made clear, please do let me know by posting in the thread below before the quiz starts at 7:30 .

See you later for the quiz. :fatcontroller:

Scroll to see replies

please see above for tonight's quiz :smile:

Spoiler

Very cool :thumbsup:
Original post by fish finger fan
Hello everyone :hello:

It's time for another TSR pub quiz:
Today's topic: public transport :train:

Start time of around 7:30 this evening ( 11th of may) on this thread.

Questions will be multiple choice, I'll probably do 10 questions and they will include some general knowledge questions which will vary in difficulty, and so long as I can get the images to work some picture based rounds. Questions will be based on national and light rail and metros, with one or two bus and tram questions thrown in too.

An example question:
What is the name of the London underground line that appears as yellow on the tube map?
a. circle
b. bakerloo
c. central
d. Victoria

you will then reply with your answer. like so:
a. circle

The first question will be posted at around 7:30 and I will quote everyone in the sign up list, and then everyone who replies to that question will be quoted in the next one and so on.....

Also please don't delete or edit your answers as due to some magical powers I'll still be able to see them :wizard:

for every correct answer you get 1 point, first person to answer will get 2, all scores and answers will be revealed at the end. Questions will be posted at roughly 5 minute intervals, if a new question has been posted please don't post a previous one as it won't count.

Any questions or something I've missed or not made clear, please do let me know by posting in the thread below before the quiz starts at 7:30 .

See you later for the quiz. :fatcontroller:

I'll be there with bells on

:f1:
As someone who wants to go and work in the public transport industry I feel a bit of pressure going into this quiz 😂
I’ll try and have a go tonight, but I do have a prior commitment so that may not transpire. Best of luck to everyone!
i know next to nothing about transport but i’ve missed the last few quizzes, so we’ll give it a shot 😂
Haha I probably won’t do great considering that the public transport in Wales is...questionable. But I’ll give it a shot!
Original post by Andrew97
Yeah why not.

If the answer to one of the questions isn’t Mornington Crescent, I’ll riot.

Spoiler

I'll give this a shot
I hope to join in:

:woo:
Original post by Becca216
As someone who wants to go and work in the public transport industry I feel a bit of pressure going into this quiz 😂

Cool, same here. What job are you interested in doing if you don't mind me asking?
Awesome stuff :thumbsup:
Original post by fish finger fan
Cool, same here. What job are you interested in doing if you don't mind me asking?

Well I'm planning on doing a civil engineering degree. But probably either Highway management or just something in the railway sector - the concept of how railway sector works just fascinates me - and who wouldn't want a massive size train set to play with for their job 😂
Original post by Becca216
Well I'm planning on doing a civil engineering degree. But probably either Highway management or just something in the railway sector - the concept of how railway sector works just fascinates me - and who wouldn't want a massive size train set to play with for their job 😂

Sounds cool. Yeah same here it is very interesting, I also want to work in the railway sector. exactly lol :lol: . prsom.
:danceboy:

Quick Reply

Latest