The Student Room Group

funding for my second degree (Dental Therapy/Hygiene)

Hi,
I am soon to complete a degree in Biomedical Science BSc and I am thinking of potentially studying a second degree, Dental Therapy or Dental Hygiene. Will this second degree be funded by SFE?
Thank you
Original post by StarStarStar2
Hi,
I am soon to complete a degree in Biomedical Science BSc and I am thinking of potentially studying a second degree, Dental Therapy or Dental Hygiene. Will this second degree be funded by SFE?
Thank you

Hi there, will this be undergraduate or graduate entry?
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi there, will this be undergraduate or graduate entry?
Thanks, Isaac

It would be an undergraduate course but they accept graduates with a 2:1 or above in a biomedical science degree

This is what I found on a previous thread and I just wanted to confirm if it was correct:

"Hi SFE,I currently hold a BSc Biomedical Science from University of Southampton and I am strongly considering enrolling through clearing on to the BSc Dental Hygiene and Therapy programme at the university of Portsmouth. Would you please be able to advise with regards to what funding would be available to me? Thank you!Phoebe"
"Hi there,
You would be eligible for full support from Student Finance England, this is one of our exception courses meaning we don't take into account any previous study you have undertaken.
Thanks, Erin"
(edited 3 years ago)
It would be an undergraduate course but they accept graduates with a 2:1 or above in a biomedical science degree

This is what I found on a previous thread and I just wanted to confirm if it was correct:

"Hi SFE,I currently hold a BSc Biomedical Science from University of Southampton and I am strongly considering enrolling through clearing on to the BSc Dental Hygiene and Therapy programme at the university of Portsmouth. Would you please be able to advise with regards to what funding would be available to me? Thank you!Phoebe"
"Hi there,
You would be eligible for full support from Student Finance England, this is one of our exception courses meaning we don't take into account any previous study you have undertaken.
Thanks, Erin"

It's only correct on a graduate entry course. Undergraduate dentistry is different and isn't an exception course.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
It's only correct on a graduate entry course. Undergraduate dentistry is different and isn't an exception course.
Thanks, Isaac

Hi there,
I mean Dental Therapy or Dental Hygiene, not Dentistry :smile:
Such as Dental Therapy BSc (Hons) at the university of Liverpool
Hi there,
I mean Dental Therapy or Dental Hygiene, not Dentistry :smile:
Such as Dental Therapy BSc (Hons) at the university of Liverpool

Ah, ok sorry. This course is an exceptions course as long as it leads to professional registration and as long as you are not already registered in this field. You would be able to receive full funding.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending