The Student Room Group

Autumn a level exams

If the A level 'resit but not really resit' exams are in September, and medical uni applications have to be in by October, will the exams be marked in time? or would we be applying with predicted grades rather than achieved? or would we apply with the teacher predicted grades?

Scroll to see replies

Until anything is confirmed you would be guessing. My guess would be you would do the resits then wait a couple of months for results (so similar timescale as though you had taken them in May/June and getting results in August - although maybe quicker if less people take them) so would apply with predicted but university may wait until results are released to make a decision on those applications, then anyone who doesn't get in could apply with UCAS Extra or have to wait until the summer for clearing
Original post by libbyab
If the A level 'resit but not really resit' exams are in September, and medical uni applications have to be in by October, will the exams be marked in time? or would we be applying with predicted grades rather than achieved? or would we apply with the teacher predicted grades?

Hi! I've been worrying about the same thing and I honestly have no clue either, it's so stressful and I still haven't written my personal statement yet and there's UCAT's to revise for :frown: . Have you started revising again for your autumn exams?
Reply 3
Original post by Eliza2251
Hi! I've been worrying about the same thing and I honestly have no clue either, it's so stressful and I still haven't written my personal statement yet and there's UCAT's to revise for :frown: . Have you started revising again for your autumn exams?

not yet, I really can't find any motivation and times going by fast so I really need to start. how about you?
You guys are y13 right and trying to do apply for med I assume ? Bcs I’m in the same position and I’m so confused
Original post by libbyab
not yet, I really can't find any motivation and times going by fast so I really need to start. how about you?

Same I've honestly done nothing these past 7 or so weeks it's been so nice and now I'm staring at my biology and chem textbook like HUH???? lmao and then I usually give up and start watching netflix :frown:
Original post by sumayass
You guys are y13 right and trying to do apply for med I assume ? Bcs I’m in the same position and I’m so confused

Yeppp hey! There's so much to do and Idek how much my school will help cos technically we've left now
Is everyone on this thread planning on changing their course to med now and in year 13? I was also hoping to apply for medicine and want to take my a level exams this autumn but don’t know when I’ll apply for UCAT and how I’ll get the relevant work experience.

V
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Voss.gloss20
Is everyone on this thread planning on changing their course to med now and in year 13? I was also hoping to apply for medicine and want to take my a level exams this autumn but don’t know when I’ll apply for UCAT and how I’ll get the relevant work experience.

V

Yh I am🥰.Don’t worryy, if you think about it we have so much more time to revise and get better grades, they said the ukat is going ahead as usual and observe gp is what medical school councils are recommending bcs of this unprecedented time.

“When we began work on Observe GP, in 2019, we were motivated by the need for alternatives to work experience. We never could have imagined that this requirement would be elevated to such an extreme by the crisis we currently face. We are delighted to be supported by the Medical Schools Council featuring in their Guidance on gaining relevant experience to study medicine in the time of Covid-19 [PDF]. The aim of the platform was always to show young people some of the realities of general practice and shine a light on the fantastic work undertaken in #TeamGP. We hope that young people enjoy watching the videos and reflect upon this.

We dedicate the platform to all those working in general practice and the wider NHS family, who have risked their lives to keep us safe during this crisis”
Same I've honestly done nothing these past 7 or so weeks it's been so nice and now I'm staring at my biology and chem textbook like HUH???? lmao and then I usually give up and start watching netflix :frown:

Omds sameeee the procrastination is real!!!! But we can dooo thissss

V

Hey!! My school gave us this link as it's hard to get work experience now I haven't tried it yet but It looks promising!
https://bsmsoutreach.thinkific.com/courses/VWE
Also who knows with UCAT but I have a feeling they'll open up testing by end of july or start of august. As unlikely as it may seem I really hope they make the submission date for medicine later as who knows when we'll recieve our results from those autumn exams.
Omds sameeee the procrastination is real!!!! But we can dooo thissss

Sis fr I have ZERO motivation
We gotta motivate each other plus I'm so tired nowadays as I'm fasting as it's Ramadan :/
Sis fr I have ZERO motivation
We gotta motivate each other plus I'm so tired nowadays as I'm fasting as it's Ramadan :/

Same fasting aswell inshallah everything gets easier ❤️ I need to find the energy to open up my chem book it literally disappeared 23rd of March
Hey!! My school gave us this link as it's hard to get work experience now I haven't tried it yet but It looks promising!
https://bsmsoutreach.thinkific.com/courses/VWE
Also who knows with UCAT but I have a feeling they'll open up testing by end of july or start of august. As unlikely as it may seem I really hope they make the submission date for medicine later as who knows when we'll recieve our results from those autumn exams.

Thanks, I’ll have a look at the link! I hope the med submission date gets moved back too as I can’t see how everything will be ready to be submitted in time.
Yh I am🥰.Don’t worryy, if you think about it we have so much more time to revise and get better grades, they said the ukat is going ahead as usual and observe gp is what medical school councils are recommending bcs of this unprecedented time.

“When we began work on Observe GP, in 2019, we were motivated by the need for alternatives to work experience. We never could have imagined that this requirement would be elevated to such an extreme by the crisis we currently face. We are delighted to be supported by the Medical Schools Council featuring in their Guidance on gaining relevant experience to study medicine in the time of Covid-19 [PDF]. The aim of the platform was always to show young people some of the realities of general practice and shine a light on the fantastic work undertaken in #TeamGP. We hope that young people enjoy watching the videos and reflect upon this.

We dedicate the platform to all those working in general practice and the wider NHS family, who have risked their lives to keep us safe during this crisis”

Thanks. How will we be able to ‘observe GP’s?’ I thought any ‘extra’ people who don’t need to be there aren’t allowed to?
Thanks. How will we be able to ‘observe GP’s?’ I thought any ‘extra’ people who don’t need to be there aren’t allowed to?

Observe GP’s is an online platform to gain experience of what GP’s and other professionals who work in a GP surgery do
Reply 16
Will all subjects be included and all levels? (GCSE, AS and A-Level)
Original post by SweetSummerx
Observe GP’s is an online platform to gain experience of what GP’s and other professionals who work in a GP surgery do

Oh right. Thanks 😊
Original post by satsun
Will all subjects be included and all levels? (GCSE, AS and A-Level)

I'm not sure but from what I've heard is they'll probably do the main ones so english, maths and sciences and then it's up to the exam boards as to what subjects they want to hold exams for
Same fasting aswell inshallah everything gets easier ❤️ I need to find the energy to open up my chem book it literally disappeared 23rd of March

Aha mood, mine disappeared the day Boris announced exams were cancelled and inshallah!! What subject/s are you gonna sit the exam's for??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending