The Student Room Group

Selecting University

Hi,
I have applied for university this year (sep 2020).
I have received unconditional offer from 2 universitie.

University of Greenwich - Computing in BSC with Foundation (4 Years)
London Metropolitan University - Computer Science from 1 (3 years).
I am really confused, which one should I go for? Could you people advice me pleas?
Thanks in advance.
The biggest difference here is probably the foundation year at Greenwich, do you feel you are requiring a foundation year for your course?
Reply 2
Original post by Possibly this
The biggest difference here is probably the foundation year at Greenwich, do you feel you are requiring a foundation year for your course?

I don’t think so, i need that extra 1 year. 😒
Original post by Farjanaeva
I don’t think so, i need that extra 1 year. 😒

I don't understand what you mean. You realise the first year is a foundation course, right? You get no extra time on your undergraduate course.
Reply 4
Yeah, i understand. I am talking about Foundation year.
Yeah, i understan. I am talking about Foundation year.

OK good, you just confused me when you said in the same post that you both do and don't need it. In that case, I think you've made your decision then.
Reply 6
OK good, you just confused me when you said in the same post that you both do and don't need it. In that case, I think you've made your decision then.

Sorry, if i have confused you.

Actually the problem is not about only Foundation year, it’s about the uni as well. Which is better Greenwich or Metropolita???
Sorry, if i have confused you.

Actually the problem is not about only Foundation year, it’s about the uni as well. Which is better Greenwich or Metropolita???

To my knowledge there's no massive difference. So in respect to that, that comes down to your personal opinion. Have you visited the unis? If so, what did you think?
Reply 8
To my knowledge there's no massive difference. So in respect to that, that comes down to your personal opinion. Have you visited the unis? If so, what did you think?

Due to corona virus lockdown, i couldn’t join their open day or offer holders day. 😒
Due to corona virus lockdown, i couldn’t join their open day or offer holders day. 😒

Have you seen if they have any online open days or tours?
Reply 10
Have you seen if they have any online open days or tours?

Yeah, but in the videos they just talk. But i have seen the Greenwich campus from outside before.
Look wise, Greenwich University is in a very good place and the view of it is very beautiful.
Do you have any idea about these Universities?
Hi,
I have applied for university this year (sep 2020).
I have received unconditional offer from 2 universitie.

University of Greenwich - Computing in BSC with Foundation (4 Years)
London Metropolitan University - Computer Science from 1 (3 years).
I am really confused, which one should I go for? Could you people advice me pleas?
Thanks in advance.

Hi @Farjanaeva :hello:

Congrats on your offers !:banana:

Some ways to narrow down the choices are:

- When picking a uni you can try and compare locations to see which one is more easily accessible to you
- You can try and compare the facilities of both unis- Greenwich has some virtual tours you can look at
-You can try and speak to students to try and get a feel for the uni

I’m a second year student (not studying computing) so I’m happy to answer any questions you have :smile:

Devina
(edited 3 years ago)
Yeah, but in the videos they just talk. But i have seen the Greenwich campus from outside before.
Look wise, Greenwich University is in a very good place and the view of it is very beautiful.
Do you have any idea about these Universities?

Honestly I know very little about either of them.
Reply 13
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Hi @Farjanaeva :hello:

Congrats on your offers !:banana:

Some ways to narrow down the choices are:

- When picking a uni you can try and compare locations to see which one is more easily accessible to you
- You can try and compare the facilities of both unis- Greenwich has some virtual tours you can look at
-You can try and speak to students to try and get a feel for the uni

I’m a second year student (not studying computing) so I’m happy to answer any questions you have :smile:

Devina

Thanks a lot Devina,
That's great to hear you study there.
Do you like your uni?? How're the teachers???
Reply 14
Honestly I know very little about either of them.

Oh ok. Thanks a lot for taking your time to reply.
Thanks a lot Devina,
That's great to hear you study there.
Do you like your uni?? How're the teachers???

I came to Greenwich really unexpectedly but I’ve been surprised in a really good way. I really do like the uni so I’m happy I decided to come here. There’s loads of opportunities for students to get jobs (and get paid really well) which has helped me immensely. I also love that McDonald’s is nearby :biggrin:

I study law, but because I work with the uni often I do know quite a lot of staff and the ones I’ve met have been nothing but friendly to me.

My teachers are good, they provide good resources and they teach in a way I understand. One of my teachers is so dedicated she snuck in to teach us despite the university strikes :eek:

The uni has been really good for me and has helped me quite a lot :h:

Let me know if you’ve got any more questions

Devina
Greenwich has an absolutely beautiful campus, just saying.
Reply 17
Original post by UniofGreenwich
I came to Greenwich really unexpectedly but I’ve been surprised in a really good way. I really do like the uni so I’m happy I decided to come here. There’s loads of opportunities for students to get jobs (and get paid really well) which has helped me immensely. I also love that McDonald’s is nearby :biggrin:

I study law, but because I work with the uni often I do know quite a lot of staff and the ones I’ve met have been nothing but friendly to me.

My teachers are good, they provide good resources and they teach in a way I understand. One of my teachers is so dedicated she snuck in to teach us despite the university strikes :eek:

The uni has been really good for me and has helped me quite a lot :h:

Let me know if you’ve got any more questions

Devina

Thanks Devina for taking your time to reply. It’s really helpful.
Reply 18
Original post by chloenix
Greenwich has an absolutely beautiful campus, just saying.

That's true. 🙂
I wouldn’t do a Greenwich foundation year I did one, but Greenwich is a better uni than London met. You could do year 1 in london met and transfer to Greenwich for year 1 & 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending